• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My CalSci windshield

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my CalSci Sporty windshield last week. It looks real nice. Since I am still recovering from my neck surgery, I have yet to take it out on the road to see how well it does. But, it does look cool. Also, I had the NC700X logo made and I put it on the front of the windshield....it is hard to see the silver 'X' due to lighting, but it is there.

DSCF1625.jpg

DSCF1626.jpg

Looks good! Thanks for posting a close up of the mounting points. I have the honda tall windscreen but I'm not sure if I like it. Been thinking about going with one from CalSci since they are bigger and taller. Wasn't so sure about the mount though. As Honda's screen comes with a bracket that spreads out the mounting surface of the screen, making for a pretty sturdy install. And I was skeptical of the CalSci using such a large screen with the stock mounting points.

The tall Honda screen hits my helmet with the wind, so my head gets buffeted around more than it did with the stock screen. But at least I have something to duck behind when the bugs are swarming on the roads. I'm 5'10" so I think I just need a couple more inches of height for comfort.

Last edited:
Looks good! Thanks for posting a close up of the mounting points. I have the honda tall windscreen but I'm not sure if I like it. Been thinking about going with one from CalSci since they are bigger and taller. Wasn't so sure about the mount though. As Honda's screen comes with a bracket that spreads out the mounting surface of the screen, making for a pretty sturdy install. And I was skeptical of the CalSci using such a large screen with the stock mounting points.

The tall Honda screen hits my helmet with the wind, so my head gets buffeted around more than it did with the stock screen. But at least I have something to duck behind when the bugs are swarming on the roads. I'm 5'10" so I think I just need a couple more inches of height for comfort.

I have Honda touring screen, and have installed 'Vario Ergo screen deflector'. With that there is a big improvement over the touring screen.

Vario-ERGO Screen Deflector

It is called Sport, not Sporty (sorry). It isn't the Large, or Medium. It is below the Medium. I don't think I would have liked the Large or Medium and it does seem to be just right when I sit on my bike. But again, I don't know how well it does for wind protection as I haven't been able to get it out to test it. I hope to do that very soon.

Jakeisbill, I don't know just yet. I see my doc on Friday to followup on my neck surgery, and hope he will release me for driving and work. So maybe Saturday?? I am 5'10". From the pics on CalSci's website, and the measurements of the various windshields, I felt like the Sport isn't too big, or too small but just right.

Dang.. that thing looks huge. I'm tall, so I need huge, but I'll suffer a little bit for good looks haha. My biggest issue right now is riding two up. I cannot control my head from weaving all over at 65+mph

My CalSci came in a week ago and I'm completely happy with it. I have the Sport size, and being 5'6'' find that it protects me from the biting blast of cold Michigan air to the chest perfectly. I ride till till there is ice or snow on the road so this wind screen is somewhat essential, and worth every penny I spent on it. Compared to the buffeting experienced behind the tall shield of my former FJR, this thing is smooth and quiet; no head-bob at high speeds.

Honda 700X 025.jpgHonda 700X 014.jpgThis is the large. It works good. No head bobble at any speed. Keeps bugs and rain off really well. Good product.

View attachment 1081

Here is the medium, another view can be seen under calendar thread. Head doesn't bobble anymore Loomis!

Thanks for the pictures, John :)

Your "previous bikes" signature intriques me.

Amongst my bikes, I had one or two similar machines in the past- 1980 CB400T Hawk, (always wanted a Nighthawk S!) and a 1983 VF750F Interceptor.

What is a CBR 650 Custom, and a CBR650F4i, pray tell?

Did you have two CB500W's? How did you have even one CB500W!? Were they imported into the 'States and I never heard about them brought over here?

VFR750 "Yamaha". okay.....

Spill! :eek: lol ;)

Why is there a BIG HOLE cut in the middle of this GIANT windshield?
Does that not allow some winds to go through? Wind "shield"?
I know it may be aero-dynamically designed. What is the hole for? Cooling the dashboard instruments?
:p

Why is there a BIG HOLE cut in the middle of this GIANT windshield?
Does that not allow some winds to go through? Wind "shield"?
I know it may be aero-dynamically designed. What is the hole for? Cooling the dashboard instruments?
:p

"Nearly all of our windshields have vents. These vents are part of the aerodynamic design of the shield, to reduce
turbulence and noise
. They are not there to make a flow of air on the rider."
Motorcycle Fairings and Windshields

Back