• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Installed Fuzeblock FZ-1

saru2011

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to find a way to get power for my GPS and it seems that fuzeblock is very simple to install. Bought it online, and also bought the accessory (wiring harness).

Used the space for the tool bag in the luggage to mount the fuzeblock unit. Needed to cut the luggage lid to allow wires going in to the luggage. The lid is about $25 and I can easily buy online if I decided to revert the mod later. +12v trigger is connected to the rear turn signal light.

diagram.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

Hi
Welcome to this den.

I have read about this but do not have experience with it.
Can you show some pictures of some devices attaching to it for power?
Why is it so good to use this instead of just connecting up to the battery directly?

Can you be as layman as possible, coz I am not so young and bright no more...
:D
Thanks.

You can use any switched power source (like horn, break light, ...) on the vehicle, and I pick rear turn signal lights (easy access).

Hi
Welcome to this den.

I have read about this but do not have experience with it.
Can you show some pictures of some devices attaching to it for power?
Why is it so good to use this instead of just connecting up to the battery directly?

Can you be as layman as possible, coz I am not so young and bright no more...
:D
Thanks.

Hi happy, you can refer to the pdf from fuzeblock for the diagram. http://fuzeblocks.com/docs/fz-1-installation.pdf

It's actually quite straight forward. I connect the red wire to battery + end, black wire to the ground, yellow wire to the rear signal light (after removing one screw under the rear fender). As for the gps device, just hook up to the device slots as indicated in the pdf.

Last edited:
... +12v trigger is connected to the rear turn signal light...

I'm with Beemerphile about using the rear turn signal as the switched power source. Isn't power through that wire ONLY present when the turn signal is on (or am I missing something - always a possibility, I'm afraid!)? I would have thought the switched power source for the relay would require the presence of juice whenever the key is on, and I don't quite get how that applies to the turn signal?!?

I'm with Beemerphile about using the rear turn signal as the switched power source. Isn't power through that wire ONLY present when the turn signal is on (or am I missing something - always a possibility, I'm afraid!)? I would have thought the switched power source for the relay would require the presence of juice whenever the key is on, and I don't quite get how that applies to the turn signal?!?

I agree with you, same applies for horn and brake light. The right light to tap in the rear of the bike would be the tail light which is on whenever the key is on. The wire color is pink with blue. You can get the ground locally at the battery.

Hi Beemerphile and BttrThnWrk, thanks for pointing out this. You are right that it's not the turn signal light. It is indeed the tail light (pink and blue). Ground is directly attached to the battery as you indicated.

Was it easy to find the rear tail light pink/blue wire? I can see it under the rear seat, but not sure where to find it closer to the front of the bike?

Was it easy to find the rear tail light pink/blue wire? I can see it under the rear seat, but not sure where to find it closer to the front of the bike?

You will find it on the turn signal relay which is attached on the outside front left of the storage box or at fuse #2 (7.5 amps) in the fuse panel. Lots of other places too if these aren't obvious.

Last edited:
hi guys so iv put the fusebox in also got the garage to put the switch live in as the bike was in for some work anyway so cant tell you were it came from sorry but id like to think i made a smart job of it iv also put in a usb charger for my gps tracker and ods and sods as they say, put it on a constant live but I've put a switch in to turn it on and off. vue 1.jpgvue 3.jpgvue 4.jpgvue2.jpg

Why not just add a relay so you don't have to worry about turning it off every time you shut the bike off? Let the key do the switching for you

Why not just add a relay so you don't have to worry about turning it off every time you shut the bike off? Let the key do the switching for you

The Fuzeblock has a relay in it. All that is needed is to move the fuse over from the un-switched to the switched terminals.

Thanks for all the advice, hopefully I will find the Fuze or the turn relay.

Fuzeblock installed today, thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:
Back