• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rented an nc700 today.

T S N

Reaction score
Visit site
The seat is junk.
Good throttle response. Touchy front brake, but works good.
The seat is junk.
I'm glad I rented one before buying. Time to ride some more.
Terry.

Glad you got a chance to try it out. I would hate so see you buy one and regret it.

Companies build many styles of motorcycles. Surely there's one out there for you.

The seat is junk.
The seat is junk.
Terry.

CONGRATS!!!

Sounds like you are overall satisfied with the bike. The stock seat being "JUNK" is no secrete. That's why I installed a Corbin seat on NaNCy.

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

After 140 miles, I think the bike has plenty of power, even with 2 on board.
Handling is great with 1, and good with 2 riders.
Highway speeds are no problem.
I filled my airhawk to get more distance between the pegs and the seat. I would like to move the pegs forward about 6".
Has anyone done this yet?
My PC 800 is getting old, and I would like to update soon.

They make a lower peg for it. I also have a Corbin seat. Must of us agree about the seat mostly the sliding forward part of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 140 miles, I think the bike has plenty of power, even with 2 on board.
Handling is great with 1, and good with 2 riders.
Highway speeds are no problem.
I filled my airhawk to get more distance between the pegs and the seat. I would like to move the pegs forward about 6".
Has anyone done this yet?
My PC 800 is getting old, and I would like to update soon.

In the first 100 feet on the standard shift version of this bike I was sold.

The seat is junk.
The seat is junk.
Terry.

Yep... the seat ....is almost always the first upgrade. I'm glad you liked the overall ride and manners of this bike.
It's not a speed bike, but it's a good fit for me.

Get some Highway Pegs, the Highway pegs move your feet forward this makes the seat problem being uncomfortable seem way less obvious

The stock seat is not good! I went with the relatively inexpensive Seat Concepts seat with a little shim to lift the front. Good to go now for under $200 fix.

It baffles me how Honda can get things so right and not realize what a POS the seat is.... I know it's made to a price point, but jeez...

I don't notice the seat slope; I think this is because I sit forward, "choked up" on the seat MX style. If I push way backwards until my butt hits the pillion I can feel the obvious forward slope there.

Same. Maybe it's cause my shorter arm reach coupled with the Rox risers I have, but I have never noticed any particularly offensive slope on my seat, and aside from wishing it was a *tiny* bit softer foam, I can honestly say I really like how comfy my NCX seat is.

Go figure why it's so universally hated lol :confused:

Maybe they made the stock seat for women? My wife has no complaints about its comfort. I keep asking her if she might want a new seat but she says it's fine. Then again, maybe she's just used to tolerating discomfort. That might explain why she's stayed married to me for 22 years. :rolleyes:

I've tried 5 seats on the NC700X, including the stock seat. I'd rate the stock seat middle of the pack, so maybe that's what Honda was going for. Can't please everyone.

I also went from a PC800 to an Nc700X. The PC800 was a fun bike and I really liked the extra storage trunk out back. But after my 10 years on that bike (it was a 1990) I wanted something a little lighter to push around when parking and something that would handle unpaved roads a little better. I had my seat re-worked by Frank Spencer last winter and after just a fews short rides this spring I can tell it is a GREAT improvement from the stock seat and cost a lot less that many other options. Now that I've added SW-Motech side boxes, 2in Rox Risers and some Shinko 705's I'm not missing the PC800 much any more. The only problem with the NC700 is there is way too much stuff (Fun stuff at that..) you can add to the bike to suit your tastes. The only update the old PC800 got was a new windshield, but it's very easy to find at least $3,000 of extras to add to the NC700. But I'm glad I made the trade.

Too true, Erik!
For the seat, I ordered an Airhawk cushion. Hope it works! I know it'll be better than my cheap ATV cushion from Wally world.

Back