• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Do I need a centerstand?

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had them before on other bikes but never bought one to install. Either they came with it or it didn't.

I don't know if I want to put one on the NC or not. I'm about to flip a coin and then I get an email from Webike...
HONDA : Main Stand
Model : 08M70MGSJ30
8,100 yen ( 67.07 USD )

So, the centerstand, stopper and shipping comes to 15,151 yen * Estimated total cost in your currency. ( 125.45 USD )

They're not making this any easier for me.
reaction.gif

I have owned chain driven bikes with and without a center stand. I definitely prefer WITH. Makes chain cleaning and oiling much more convenient.

Makes loading and unloading easier. Makes sitting on it at a drive-in and eating a burger easier too. Makes adjusting the valves easier.

I got mine from Samurider for $100 shipped. Samurider is unquestionably the absolute finest Japanese parts supplier there is. Takashi can get anything made in Japan. Send Takashi an e-mail at [email protected]. He will reply within 24 hours.

I'm afraid my centerstand has spoiled me. Afraid to walk away from it with the regular kickstand now. ;)

Careful -- Center stand will sink into soft surface easier than side stand. First week I had mine (in July) it sank into hot asphalt till the rear wheel took some weight. Luckily did not fall, but with stand sunk in asphalt a real pita to get off stand.

There was also another thread sharing that bike is more stable in wind on side stand.

Other than an RRRRR bike, I can't really see a reason why someone wouldn't want a centre stand. I mean sure, there are always the few people who never use one, and can maybe have a valid laundry list as to why they are not necessary, statistically you are going to run into that, but there are not any credible detractions to having one that leap to mind for me, anyway.

Especially on a bike that is marketed to being a tiny bit more of an adventurous all rounder than some other machines.

Out of sheer laziness alone, I like having a centre stand so I can more easily turn the tires to get a valve stem in a more old-guy-bad-back friendly spot to put air in...:eek:

This is the first bike I have ever had with a center stand. Why I never had one before is beyond me. Definitely comes in handy.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Back