• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Honda Center Stand Install

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Howdy guys. I know a few people have purchased the OEM Honda Main/Center Stand. This post if for people who have purchased this OEM part from international vendors. I personally got my center stand from japan.webike.net

When the part came I was thrilled that I got it cheaper than the dealer, and much much faster! Until I opened the instruction papers... As of this writing the part ships with pictured instructions with text in Japanese ONLY! Lucky you all, I know someone that can translate Japanese! She was most helpful! It did cost me a Sushi Dinner.

Here they are!

8072644285_36edf76cfb_b.jpg

8072644915_b290c097e6_b.jpg

8072645647_f562bed006_b.jpg

Now, the pictures make this look all easy and such, and it is, if you follow my 1 hint for the very last part. If you did not have these instructions in English, you would miss the part where at the last step, they suggest you install the springs first, and then slide the shaft into the stand.

I had a friend help me on this last part. Those springs are very strong.

Here is my suggestion to make it quick and easy.

Tool needed are 1 rubber mallet.

Step 1. Connect the springs to the SPRING HOOK

Step 2. Connect the springs to the CENTER STAND

Step 3. Start on the LEFT SIDE of the bike. Slide the MAIN STAND SHAFT into the bikes bracket and into the stand itself.

Step 4. Use the foot press part of the MAIN/CENTER STAND as a hand hold, and pivot the stand into alignment as close as you can get it. Use a friend to help guild you. It will take a bit of strength, but not nearly as crazy as it is to stretch those springs.

As you pivot the stand into alignment (you are aligning the right side by the way) Use your free hand to swing the rubber mallet and moderately hit the MAIN STAND SHAFT to slide it into the right side bracket. This may take some finesse, but it works.

Step 5. Secure MAIN STAND SHAFT with the 6 MM PLUG BOLT. I used blue loctite, as I do not want this coming loose.

Installation took me all of 15 minutes.

Hope this helps,

EDIT DEC/30/2013 a few other techniques that may work for you.

SoggyBottom Post #33:
“Look in your local auto parts store for a brake spring tool, it looks like a screw driver, round at the end with a dimple cut into it, you put the spring loop on the shaft and hook the dimple on the spring hook on the stand and push, the spring will slide onto the hook.”

Texican88 Post #34: “I know it's been mentioned before, but if you haven't tried the boot lace idea to mount the springs to the stand, you should give it a whirl first. I found I didn't need to brace the front wheel or anything like that. One spring at a time, and it was on in 2 minutes.”

Last edited:
Howdy guys. I know a few people have purchased the OEM Honda Main/Center Stand. This post if for people who have purchased this OEM part from international vendors. I personally got my center stand from japan.webike.net

Hope this helps,

Thanks! Definitely worth a couple of sushi dinners ;-).
Interestingly enough I was thinking about going this route earlier today. Feeling lucky, think I just might ;p

Thanks! Definitely worth a couple of sushi dinners ;-).
Interestingly enough I was thinking about going this route earlier today. Feeling lucky, think I just might ;p

I'm on board too, lol! My stand was shipped from Webike today, I was informed. :D

Oh, and just out of curiousity, OriginalRocket, is your stand really for an NC700S, or an X?

When I ordered the stand, they only had one. I followed their little links to the NC700X. As far as I can tell this is the stand for the X version, and works with manual or DCT. I now see they have another stand, same price, different part number...

I can only assume they use the same directions for all of the stands for the 3 different versions of the NC700's

Last edited:
I'm thinking the difference is in the part number. If it ends with -A30 you get the English instructions. If J30 you get Japanese instructions. US dealers get the A30; Web!ke, being in Japan, ships the J30.

Greg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! i just got my main stand and was about to install them..
Also i think the main stand for NC700S and X model are diff due to diff
ground ht clearance.
FYI, my jap instructions indicated NC700X//XA/XD....

Last edited:
Just fitted mine, followed your advice and fitted the springs first, had to use the wife on the mallet end of the installation :D

When the part came I was thrilled that I got it cheaper than the dealer, and much much faster! Until I opened the instruction papers... As of this writing the part ships with pictured instructions with text in Japanese ONLY! Lucky you all, I know someone that can translate Japanese! She was most helpful! It did cost me a Sushi Dinner.

Here they are!

Now, the pictures make this look all easy and such, and it is, if you follow my 1 hint for the very last part. If you did not have these instructions in English, you would miss the part where at the last step, they suggest you install the springs first, and then slide the shaft into the stand.

I had a friend help me on this last part. Those springs are very strong.

Here is my suggestion to make it quick and easy.

Tool needed are 1 rubber mallet.

Step 1. Connect the springs to the SPRING HOOK

Step 2. Connect the springs to the CENTER STAND

Step 3. Start on the LEFT SIDE of the bike. Slide the MAIN STAND SHAFT into the bikes bracket and into the stand itself.

Step 4. Use the foot press part of the MAIN/CENTER STAND as a hand hold, and pivot the stand into alignment as close as you can get it. Use a friend to help guild you. It will take a bit of strength, but not nearly as crazy as it is to stretch those springs.

As you pivot the stand into alignment (you are aligning the right side by the way) Use your free hand to swing the rubber mallet and moderately hit the MAIN STAND SHAFT to slide it into the right side bracket. This may take some finesse, but it works.

Step 5. Secure MAIN STAND SHAFT with the 6 MM PLUG BOLT. I used blue loctite, as I do not want this coming loose.

Hope this helps,

This will help quite a bit! I ordered my stand via web!ke also, and will use this alternate mounting technique. This seems much less of a hassle than wrestling with the springs using the 'original' mounting technique.

Managed to get my shop to install the mainstand for Free! :p last saturday. I must say that the mechanic prefer the traditional way. i.e. to install the shaft first and pull springs using a plier and small minus screwdriver.
Tool him less than 10 to install and he didn't seem to use much force....it is all about technique...i think

Thanks for the instructions. I ordered from Webike on Tuesday and it arrived Friday. Took about 15 mins. I used a drum brake tool on the springs. Has a hook on it to grab the spring end. Bike goes up on the center stand easier than I remember my old Hawk being.

Thanks for the instructions. I ordered from Webike on Tuesday and it arrived Friday. Took about 15 mins. I used a drum brake tool on the springs. Has a hook on it to grab the spring end. Bike goes up on the center stand easier than I remember my old Hawk being.

Well, looks like we've finally exhausted Webbike's inventory as well. My wife went to order me one for my birthday only to get an email immediately that it was out of stock and they were refunding her money.

Bummer. Think she's just going to order it though the local dealer and get the 15% off I get with them, which puts it around the same price as Webbike. Hopefully it gets here before next year!

trey

I am glad that I was able to help some people on a forum, this was my first ever "helping" post! Anyways...

I'm posting an update. After reading, searching and a few emails, I found out I was sent a model "s" center stand by mistake. I never paid attention to the height of the rear wheel of the ground when parked, as I only use the stand when pulling the bike in my garage. I have a 1inch high block of wood I roll the bike over to protect my garage floor from the metal stand.

I thought about taking their offer for a swap to the correct stand, but my my first modification for this bike was going to be lowering it, I believe the smaller center stand will actually benefit me once I finish the lowering (today). I'll report on this later with pictures.

For the record, when on flat land, using the center stand, my rear wheel is about 2 mm of the ground. And it is super easy to roll the bike on the stand and off.

Exactly what I used. Until I purchased the service stand, I had forgotten all about my older tools!

I ordered my centerstand when I bought the NC back around sept 26th. Has anybody in the states received an ordered centerstand in the last few days? I'm getting tired of oiling my chain the hard way.

I did the same thing. Ordered mine on September 14th when I bought the bike. The bags and rack came in a week. The windshield and centerstand came back as backordered. Expected delivery, 12/15. So, I'm still waiting too.

WGW

Back