• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Torque specs

maxwellian

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At least for me, it's much easier to have two short lists posted above my workbench. One list has the common torque for 6 mm, 8mm, and 10 mm bolts/nut. The other list has torque for axle nuts & fork pinch bolts, handlebar clamps, brake mounts and triple clamp. Most of the other stuff you'd never use.

maxwellian: Thanks so much for sharing the doc!

D_SC: My Honda service manual stickered as 2012-2015 says the steering stem nut spec is 103 nm / 76 ftlb.

I made a google doc of the more common maintenance items' torque specs so I could have it on my phone. Much easier to clean the grease off of than a paper manual :D

Can't figure out an easy way to embed it here, but here's a link

Torque

I’ve done the same thing in a notebook I keep for bike maintenance. But I like your spreadsheet much better. :cool:

I made a google doc of the more common maintenance items' torque specs so I could have it on my phone. Much easier to clean the grease off of than a paper manual :D

Can't figure out an easy way to embed it here, but here's a link

Torque

Thanks Max for the doc and thanks Red Rider for bumping it up today. I am torquing the sprockets tomorrow and now I don't need to go look them up.

I have those torque figures printed and taped to the hood for the flourescent light fixture above my workbench. Also have another "note" with mileage/dates for last oil change, new front tire, new rear tire, and brake pad replacement. ;)

Back