• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

installing givi S310 spotlights

W

wildeone

Hi,
anybody did it here? is it easy to do it on your own?
I mean is it necessary to take off some plastic covers?
thanks

The GIVI S310 lights are halogens. These use considerable more power than LEDs for the same brightness, as well as having shorter life. With the widespread availability of bright LED auxiliary lights at low prices, I think these S310s are relics of the past.

No matter what additional lights you install, if you want to do it right, you need to remove plastics. Get used to it; it's no big deal.

The GIVI S310 lights are halogens. These use considerable more power than LEDs for the same brightness, as well as having shorter life. With the widespread availability of bright LED auxiliary lights at low prices, I think these S310s are relics of the past.

No matter what additional lights you install, if you want to do it right, you need to remove plastics. Get used to it; it's no big deal.

removing is one thing but how to put it back together later so no part is left ;)
Another problem is connecting to battery, how you do it?
directly or to fuse box?

S310 are very cheap, and once bulb is done you can buy LED inserts. Less expensive that way.
I don't think LED would be as bright as halogens BTW.

Another problem is connecting to battery, how you do it?
directly or to fuse box?

Try looking at this thread. It's pretty straightforward about using the Honda sub-harness for wiring stuff into your electrical system.
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-technical/2412-need-wiring-advice-2.html

As for the plastics, like Greg said, they'll have to come off to do it right. It's not a problem. If I can do it, so can you.
Here are some youtube videos to help.
Plastic Removal
Accessory Harness (This was to install the accessory outlet, but the sub-harness wiring is the same.)

Hope this helps.

I put on Givi S-320 led. 14watts each.
Halogen 55watts each.

I installed the Givi led without taking off the plastic.

I put on Givi S-320 led. 14watts each.
Halogen 55watts each.

I installed the Givi led without taking off the plastic.

can you tell me how did you connect it to battery, through relay ?

I always have one set hooked up through a relay that turns the lights on when my brights turn on. I rotate them slightly outwards so they illuminate the ditches well. We have a lot of LARGE white tail deer in Northern IL. I would power source the main lights from the battery or an add on fused acc. box. Always have your accessories fused! LEDs are the way to go these days. They are as bright and do not draw any where near the power that Halogens do. Don't overload your bikes electrical source. Something to think on as people are putting all sorts of lights/GPS/Phones/accent lights/heated gear etc on their bikes.

S310 are very cheap, and once bulb is done you can buy LED inserts. Less expensive that way.
I don't think LED would be as bright as halogens BTW.

One issue with buying an LED replacement for a burnt out halogen is that the housing reflector or lens design for one does not support the other very well. LED replacements cannot exactly replicate the output pattern that the original housing was designed for. Going this route compromises the beam shape and the efficiency of utilizing all of the lamps output.

I'd have to differ on the opinion that LEDs would not be as bright as halogens. LEDs can be extremely bright.

Something else you must consider is that adding two 55 watt halogens makes a significant dent in the available electrical power on the NC. With any other accessories running at the same time, you risk running your battery down.

But, by all means, get the halogens if that's what you want.

Last edited:
Something else you must consider is that adding two 55 watt halogens makes a significant dent in the available electrical power on the NC. With any other accessories running at the same time, you risk running your battery down.

I'd have to agree with this statement with my electrical background. You will be adding a load of 110 Watts (7-9 Amps) to your electrical system. You'd be sucking up most of the charging systems reserves just to running these lights. Also the margin to run addition accessories such as heat grips, heated gear, GSP, and cellphone charger will be significantly reduced or if not possible.

If you want to continue down this road, I'd recommend that you do the modification shown in the image below to your bike.

rat1-300x200.jpg

I'd highly recommend that you go with LED Driving Lights instead. They can draw less than 2 Amps per unit. I'd recommend these units instead, Vision-X Solstice Solo

I got those a few weeks ago. Have had no experience in this before but with the purchase of a simple wiring harness kit on eBay, Installation was simple. Never had to remove any plastics. Everything went through the battery compartment :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,770
I'm presently looking at theses on ebay...some guys on another motorcycle forum bought them and are very satisfied of the look, the performances and they are cheap
Motorcycle 125W 3000LM Cree U5 LED Driving FOG Sport Light Headlight Black | eBay

Sorry for delay. Installed them tonight. They are really bright and I will need to readjust them as I pointed them too high. I would not say they really fit the NC look and style but overall I'm pleased with the quality and amount of extra light. Check my video here http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...id-you-do-your-nc700-today-12.html#post122842

I got those a few weeks ago. Have had no experience in this before but with the purchase of a simple wiring harness kit on eBay, Installation was simple. Never had to remove any plastics. Everything went through the battery compartment :)

hi, can you tell me how you did the exact connection with the wiring harness? is it universal harness or specific to that bike model?
any soldering needed? I assume it goes through relay which needs to be bought extra?

ok, I got the idea now, relay is included in package :)

The only think I have to figure out where that green cable with big fuse should be connected, somewhere where where is hot when ignition is turned on.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's an empty fuse compartment. I got power from there... That's switch on/off with ignition

there's an empty fuse compartment. I got power from there... That's switch on/off with ignition

so you get it from the back of fuse box, attaching to the cable not from the front fuse box as i understand.

thanks

I have the givi S310 spotlights. Seems like every time I spend time riding in the dirt I blow a light bulb. You can buy the bulbs every where, it is just a pain to constantly change out.

Back