• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First Ride: CSC Motorcycles Cyclone RX-3 Review

I got in on the initial "Special Price" and will be getting one from the first shipment, due late January, really looking forward to getting one...it will replace my 2008 Yamaha XT 250

Cyclone RX-3 motorcycle

I got in on the initial "Special Price" and will be getting one from the first shipment, due late January, really looking forward to getting one...it will replace my 2008 Yamaha XT 250
Huck,
I'll also be receiving a Cyclone RX-3 in the first shipment. I ordered a WHITE one. What color did you,order?
How are you going to receive your bike? Come to Azusa, pick it up and ride home, or have them ship it to Kentucky? Can't beat the introductory pricing!
I already have several local back country rides planned.

Huck,
I'll also be receiving a Cyclone RX-3 in the first shipment. I ordered a WHITE one. What color did you,order?
How are you going to receive your bike? Come to Azusa, pick it up and ride home, or have them ship it to Kentucky? Can't beat the introductory pricing!
I already have several local back country rides planned.

Hey Pismo,
Me and a local buddy are both getting one, and having them shipped together to my work address (we have forklifts, and loading docks, which makes shipping cheaper)
And I ordered Orange....maybe we can do a "Dragon Cyclone Meet" next summer :)

Very interesting. How do you get the introductory price? Do you need to call? The Web site has little info.

Sure has some better color choices than the NC700X.

Very interesting. How do you get the introductory price? Do you need to call? The Web site has little info.

Sure has some better color choices than the NC700X.

The intro offer with the special price has already ended, :( so the price now is the 3595.00 (I I think that's right) which is still a good price for this bike..

The intro offer with the special price has already ended, :( so the price now is the 3595.00 (I I think that's right) which is still a good price for this bike..
Huck is correct in that the special introductory price has ended. The current offering price is $3495.00. To place an order, telephone CSC to reserve your color choice. No cash necessary.
You are correct in stating that the color choices for the Cyclone are superior to Honda's color choices!
For more information regarding the Cyclone, visit their Blog site.
Cyclone RX-3 Blog site is californiascooterco.com
There is quite a bit of information going back to August of 2014.

Last edited:
My Harbor Freight coupon book has a $250 dollar discount coupon and a free flashlight to go with this bike. Don't like the comments in the review where it struggles to keep up with a KLR650, the slowest slug on the road. Not inspiring.

Honda should build this bike and base it off the CBR300, complete with the crash bars, luggage boxes, and the colors. Then we'd have a cool lightweight adventure bike with good dealer/parts support. Does Honda already build something like this for markets outside the U.S.?

My Harbor Freight coupon book has a $250 dollar discount coupon and a free flashlight to go with this bike. Don't like the comments in the review where it struggles to keep up with a KLR650, the slowest slug on the road. Not inspiring.

250s are a LOT of fun if you accept the power for what it is. They only fail to please when you expect too much from them.

Your going to wish you had taken the flashlight!

Todd L.
I have owned 3 KLR650's (1987, 2008 & 2013) and didn't enjoy their off road (too heavy) or on road (too slow) performance.
I'm buying the Cyclone RX3 for off road and back country exploring. (the NCX too heavy) Don't need a lot of horsepower or weight. I want to be able to pick up the bike by myself when I'm in the back country and take a fall. No need for excess horsepower.
You're going to wish you had taken the $250 discount and the flashlight!:rolleyes:

..so you're disappointed that a 250 single has less power than a 650 single......?:confused: ...That was a given too me... but I've always been a smaller bike kind-a-guy when it comes to off-road.

I have owned several 250cc machines, and find they have enough power for my local riding.
Like the old saying goes "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow"

Should be a great one-up ride, especially for those on a tight budget.

250s are a LOT of fun if you accept the power for what it is. They only fail to please when you expect too much from them.

I can think of a couple of people in my BMW MC club who traded their GS's in for lighter bikes like the Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa, the Honda CRF240 or Yamaha XT225. Most of them are Old Farts like me.

I have a Kawasaki KLX250SF in storage in Florida which I ride when I visit Florida. It has less hp, less top-end range, slower to pick up speed than my Boulevard C50 or my Honda NC700-but only marginally slower from 0-60mph; however, it will do any legal speed limit in Florida (top end is around 80mph per GPS with my 200+ lb carcass on it). I don't have any trouble getting out of the way of other vehicles-I really don't pass many vehicles in/on any vehicles I drive/own. I don't have issues riding 250cc class motorcycles when it comes to speed-but then, in 2007, I rode a Suzuki GZ250 on a 2500 mile bike trip on a 5 day vacation-half of which was Interstate speed. I am of the mindset you don't have to do 80-90mph in a 70mph speed limit zone to keep from getting rear-ended-heck, I drive to work doing 65mph in a 70mph on the super slab in a metro area.

If I didn't have 3 bikes in the garage now (going to be 4 next year after I buy the Elio trike-if it comes available), I would buy one of these and wouldn't think twice in using it as a commuter bike on the superslab.

Looks very nice!

Is that wooden block for the side stand included? :)

Looking good.I like the thin side bags.
Thanks. Not super roomy, but I also like the super narrow profile of the side bags. Handy for everyday use. Can always strap on a travel bag over the top for longer distance travel, and more carrying capacity. I'm impressed so far. More photos and evaluations to follow once the bike is received.

No! The wooden block is very special CHINESE wood! It's an extra cost item? Each block is hand made to fit the contour of the side stand?:rolleyes:
Actually very special pine imported to China, probably from Southern U.S. Pretty much all wood in China is imported. I have been involved in shipping a lot of lumber over there.

Back