• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Calsci windshield for NC700S

Looks very out of place on the S in my opinion. I use the Honda fly screen which suits the bike better.

Looks very out of place on the S in my opinion. I use the Honda fly screen which suits the bike better.

Given the choice between suiting the bike or suiting the rider, I make the same decision every time. My bike just has to get over it. Dissatisfied onlookers may gasp in dismay, or gaze elsewhere.

It looks nice to me. Is a matter of personal preference, but I only see how my bike looks from the rider perspective. And I'm the only rider, BTW

Given the choice between suiting the bike or suiting the rider, I make the same decision every time. My bike just has to get over it. Dissatisfied onlookers may gasp in dismay, or gaze elsewhere.
I often try to suit the bike and the rider and usually find a good compromise somewhere :)
Riding is a hobby to me though and I want a bike that looks attractive to me. Maybe if a bike was my only mode of transport I would be more inclined towards what suits the rider and not so much the bike

Last edited:
Looks nice. My CalSci Sport windshield should be here on Friday. Can't wait to see what it looks like on my NCX

Everyone would care less what the windshield looked like when they took a good look at me. Function trumps form in my world.

I often try to suit the bike and the rider and usually find a good compromise somewhere :)
Riding is a hobby to me though and I want a bike that looks attractive to me. Maybe if a bike was my only mode of transport I would be more inclined towards what suits the rider and not so much the bike

To some, the bike is an object of adoration and function doesn't matter as they would rather look at it than ride it. People like this would approve of the stock seat. For others, such as myself, it is a tool for a purpose. For you, it is apparently both. Good on you for that. There is no right or wrong on determining your decision parameters, and I did not mean to imply that mine are somehow better for you than yours are. But personally, if I had two options for solving a problem that were equally effective, I would possibly make the decision on style. However, I would not compromise an iota of effectiveness to improve style. At the end of a few weeks in a row of high-mileage days, you won't even care what color the bike is.

I am very glad that a pink motorcycle with blue spots is not more effective than a silver and black one!

Good question! I didn't make the check, but I can confirm my NC700X has more top speed with the Givi windshield than with the OEM one, so I guess the gas mileage go down as well

I have had mine on since picking bike up so can not say.

Tony

I have found that at 5'11" that the stock shield puts the wind buffeting right at my helmet hight when over 50mph. At 70mph it sort of feels like someone batting my head around, I think a taller shield is in my future. I bought this bike to ride the crap out of it and I ride everyday, rain or shine. So the esthetics fall to secound palce when it comes to my utility vehicle. While everyone wants their bike to look cool, I've found that with age "cool" now means anything that will make my ride more enjoyable.

I have found that at 5'11" that the stock shield puts the wind buffeting right at my helmet hight when over 50mph. At 70mph it sort of feels like someone batting my head around, I think a taller shield is in my future. I bought this bike to ride the crap out of it and I ride everyday, rain or shine. So the esthetics fall to secound palce when it comes to my utility vehicle. While everyone wants their bike to look cool, I've found that with age "cool" now means anything that will make my ride more enjoyable.

That's funny. On the CalSci web site they say that if you don't like their shields, come back when you are older. Or something to that effect.

I'm with yous guys on function, I just installed the tall calsci yesterday and it works, and I do like the utility look. They also include a care package consisting of a cover for when parked in garage and a way cool tire pressure guage a cotton fiber cloth and a bottle of window pee. I love care packages, reminds me of Mom.

Any chance some of y'all could post pictures from the side sitting on the bike? I have a feeling one of the CalSci screens is in my future, but I'm wondering how tall they really are -- I definitely don't want to be looking through the screen (I'm about 5'11").

Their web page has lots of pictures and screens - Honda NC700X NC700S Windshields - but I can't tell which screen is which towards the bottom.

I think the Medium or the Sport is what I want, but I can't tell what's what...

NC700Sc.jpg

Is that the sport, or the shorty?

I guess I'm a little gun shy after the hunt for a good screen on my last bike (Bandit 1250). It seemed like the taller/bigger I went, the more protection I got, but there was also always more buffetting too. I ended up settling on a fairly small screen that pushed the air just to the base of my helmet chin bar -- which was loud, but at least it was nice clean air and kept the blast off my body. I don't mind loud really, I usually wear ear plugs, but I can't handle the buffetting/bobble-head thing....

Decisions, decisions....

trey

A

I guess I'm a little gun shy after the hunt for a good screen on my last bike (Bandit 1250). It seemed like the taller/bigger I went, the more protection I got, but there was also always more buffetting too. I ended up settling on a fairly small screen that pushed the air just to the base of my helmet chin bar -- which was loud, but at least it was nice clean air and kept the blast off my body. I don't mind loud really, I usually wear ear plugs, but I can't handle the buffetting/bobble-head thing....

Decisions, decisions....

trey

Trey,

Did you read the sizing procedure on their web site about lining up 30' and 60' targets? That would tell you how high your screen needs to be. Height is not a useful guide because different people have different ratios of torso height to overall height, and posture and other bike mods make a difference too. From the data you take off of the yardstick, you could pick the right starting height without guesswork. They will cut it down for you or you can do it yourself from their (or my) instructions.

I am with you on high screens and buffeting and have settled on mid-chest as the best impact point for the compromise between minimum wind blast and noise. But I continue to look for a tall effective screen. I haven't tried the CalSci, but I might. I think they take just about the only scientific approach. Their web site is very educational.

Back