• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Africa Twin

• Thread starter Deleted member 1183
  • Start date
So awesome to finally see more info on this! I mean i love my NC to death and the last 13,000 miles with it have been awesome, but this is probably the bike that I would have bought from the beginning if it were available!

when I went to test ride the NC750X I subsequently ordered last weekend I spend some time looking at the CB1100, beautiful, classic 70's Honda with Modern engine and equipment.

My all time favourite bike is a toss up between the Kawasaki 400-3 and the Honda 550 four, I've owner both, and in their day they were the best looking, and in the case of the Kawasaki, best sounding bikes on the road to my eye.

Rubbish handling and brakes looking back with hindsight, but stunning at the time.

I think many older bikers have rose tinted glasses.

I'll be riding my 2012 XL700 until Saturday, I think it is a great bike, but it is amazing what a cult following the 600 and 650 Transalps have, especially in the States, and the same can be said for The Africa Twin.

Building a modern nod to The Africa Twin is never going to be an easy task for Honda, old fans will be looking for a re-issue, not a modern, updated version, and putting the new engine and gear box configuration in there will draw criticism from the fans, and confuse the modern rider I fear.

Though in some years it will no doubt be a modern classic.

I say that about my Transalp, only 58 sold in 2012 in the UK, not popular at issue, seems to be the bike everybody liked but didn't buy!

Looking at the photos, I can already see an aftermarket seat opportunity there, at least for riders wanting to cover some distance.

Back