• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Favorite everyday place to ride??

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Not really talking about the big ones, The Dragon, Blue Ridge, Ozarks and other popular "motorcycle" roads etc. But just some normal little road that puts a little fun in an otherwise normal ride.

Mine is actually split in two because you can take one on the way to the other. One, CR 42, is a small county road that twists through a canopy of trees. It's a slow easy ride, the pavement is a little to unruly to travel at high speeds so it's kind of a relaxing ride on a cool morning. A couple of miles down the highway is a stretch of road (FM 762) that has two long sweepers that you can really push it on. On a nice day I can hit both on the way home. All the roads leading up to these places are just plain old straight, flat roads.

So, what are yours?

There's a bike meet every wednesday evening at Washington - but it's the original Washington in England:D. It's sort of at the end of a low ridge running up the eastern side of county Durham. I love to go down the southern end and just tootle through all the little ups and downs and old pit villages along its 30 mile length. Takes me about an hour but it's very relaxing.
Mike

We have a lot of canyons around here (Salt Lake City, UT), and most are really fun. One has to avoid peak traffic times for maximum fun! :D

My favorites are Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, East Canyon, Logan Canyon...so many good ones.

Hmmmmm.....anywhere I get the chance to go on my bike. To work....the store....aimless wandering....!

But...I live near a strech of Road from Arnold, MO to Hillsboro, MO on Old Lemay Ferry Road. 2 lanes, with curves, with an old covered bridge at the end.

I agree with Tromba. Wherever I am makes for a nice ride (with the exception of stuck in traffic). I do however live in Florida, and down here the only decent sweepers and turns are called "on ramps".

Bob

We have a road near here called the "The Canal Road" which as it name suggests runs along side the Royal military canal built to stop Nepoleon invading. The roasd has some great bends and due to the open nature of the land you can see through most of them meaning if they are traffic free you can take a racers line through them. Even the police use this road for training. At least they call it training it always looks like they are just out having fun

I do however live in Florida, and down here the only decent sweepers and turns are called "on ramps".

Bob

I feel your pain!! Most of the interesting twisty roads are at leas an hour and a half away from me. The few REALLY good roads are even farther.

Ditto to Anywhere. But I'll just say going to work. I work at a fairly large middle school with a big parking lot packed with trucks and automobiles, almost every last one of them driven with only one occupant inside. There is just one other scooter in the lot bucking the pattern. I love to ride up the sidewalk to park at the concrete pad where the bicycle rack is positioned without any bicycles. 800 students and not one bicycle! So I think my scoot makes a great statement every morning and I get off the bike and look up at the heavens and remember who made me. It's an awesome way to start the day!

There is a NC scenic byway about 20 minutes from the house. Usually ends up a two hour ride. I can do all pavement, with some mild twisty's or do a little gravel through university research forests. There are many branch roads that I can use to vary the trip. Beautiful farmland and lots of history too. Three old plantations on on the route, two open to the public and a military training area, used heavily during WW2 and still used today. Some of the smaller roads have signs warning of unexploded ordinance.

Back