• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Add California Scientific Medium Windshield

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My Cali-Scientific Windshield came in, it took 20 min. to install directions were provided. Came with cleaning fluid and an anti scratch cloth which can be seen in the photos. I took it out for a test drive and it worked fabulous. Cali-Sci also threw in a tire pressure gauge!

mail.jpegmail-1.jpegmail-2.jpegmail-3.jpegmail-4.jpegmail-5.jpeg

I have the big Honda windscreen. However it is small. With 40 mph winds out of the south today I (me, not the bike) was getting buffeted around pretty much. That Cal si looks good, but I like the Honda big screen mount better than the small mount. Does it seem solid?

Last edited:
John, which size screen did you get? Also, keep us posted on the performance...particularly if you ride at 70 MPH. Thanks for posting

Performance is great at city speeds I keep my visor up half way. It's still hot in Florida. On the highway, I usually am travel at 80 the difference is noticable there as well. I am not doing the bobblehead, from wind currents. Did note a reduction in top speed to 106, but I'm sure most of you don't worry about this. As far as longterm we will see. As mentioned in a previous thread I had to adjust my levers up in order to fit in the slot on each side of the screen, but this made the levers closer to where they should be and more level with my angle of wrist.

Last edited:
The CalSci screens tend to the large size. Does the width of it come out pretty much to the base of the mirror stalks? It looks like it in the picture but I could not be sure.

My tall calsci came in at the dealer today, I want to take my NC and install it there and I can put my oem screen in my top box to bring home. I want to avoid taking my truck to pick it up, 15 mpg's vs 70mpg, not to mention the fun factor over the truck.. Can you tell me what tools I need to switch the windshields? will I need just the allen key? is there longer bolts with a differant size allen key? I can't imagine anything to complicated, I could adjust the hand levers at home if needed?

You will need the allen wrench to remove the old windshield and a phillips screwdriver to install the new windshield.
I ordered my med CALSI windshield at 3:45 friday and recieved it saturday by 1:00, Great service CALSI. It was so easy to install, it took me 20 min.
Rode to work monday on the highway, what a difference from full wind blast to calm air. I can even hear the bike now.

WOW, RNBOB, next day service! I ordered the sport one yesterday, and UPS says mine should be here on Friday. I talked to Mark from CalSci several times yesterday prior to ordering; a great guy who answered my questions. I can't wait to get it

Update- I removed the Cal Sci shield for the sleeker look of the stock shield. Newer Upadate - flash forward 3 months, I was making a trip to Vero Beach to ride in my first Patriot Guard Mission and decided to remount the Cal Sci- Well I must not have lined things up right and was manuvering in a parking lot and nearly dropped the bike because the front brake handle hit the shield. Since I was all assholes and elbows to keep the bike off the pavement the brake handle cracked the shield. Why can't we get a manufactuer to make a windshield like I had on my XS400 in 77? Mounted to the handlebars! Back to the drawing boards!

While not a handlebar windscreen ...

The MadStad system with the adjustable brackets pushes the windscreen forward -- so there is no clearance problem .... check these two threads below

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1559-madstad-adjustable-windshield-system-honda-nc700x.html

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2211-madstad-windshield.html

Update- I removed the Cal Sci shield for the sleeker look of the stock shield. Newer Upadate - flash forward 3 months, I was making a trip to Vero Beach to ride in my first Patriot Guard Mission and decided to remount the Cal Sci- Well I must not have lined things up right and was manuvering in a parking lot and nearly dropped the bike because the front brake handle hit the shield. Since I was all assholes and elbows to keep the bike off the pavement the brake handle cracked the shield. Why can't we get a manufactuer to make a windshield like I had on my XS400 in 77? Mounted to the handlebars! Back to the drawing boards!

Very pleased with my Cal-Sci Tall, 5000 plus and zero problems with stock well nuts even in high wind conditions, Installed a set of Dale's plates so I could run the shield in the upper holes with extra peace of mind. I like to ride with my C3 face shield open in the calm air with very little buffeting and with this setup bugs go over my helmet not into my face. Must be getting old! high wind screens and highway pegs for me and I love em.

Back