• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear running lights?

itlives

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple question.

Does the NC have rear running lights like in the front ?

Edit- answered my own question. I checked and there's only a 1-filament light- so, no running lights.

So, I'll change the question.

Has anyone added running lights on the back? I think I would like to.

Last edited:
I was more interested in having the rear turn signals work like the front signals - always on. I will probably admore (lol) brake lights too.

I got my first taste of driving the interstate at night and having cagers come up on me like they didn't see me. two Saturdays ago. Coming back from north Georgia to Louisiana, I had to flick my emergency flashers on more than a few times.
It's kind of scary to think you're fixing to be run over!

It happened more when other vehicles were around. I think our ONE brake light gets lost in the sea of 18 wheeler lights.

To be legal..........Rear running lights would have to red and only red. No amber or white running lights on the rear.

Thanks showkey. We have a variety of bikes where I work. I tried everyone of them and you must be right. 1985 Hondamatic 450 to a first year Buell Blast none of the rear yellow lights work.
That seems like an odd law to me....
SO, Admore RED lighting!

I asked the question originally because I wrecked my bike and thought I did something to mess up the wiring. It's good to know it's a-ok!

I have a v46 givi (top box) with admore led lights inside the lens. I also added additional strip to each side.
The one I got does turn signals, stop lite and running lites.
works good and easy enough to do the installation yourself.

3 models to chose from for the givi v46,

Brake light, running light, turn signal: (TS)
http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51

Brake light, running light: (T) *no turn signal
http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=121

Brake light ? (TM) *not sure about this item. could be the center round circles that light up ???
http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=81

I commute early in the morning before sun up, so this admore lighting on my v46 helps ALOT.

Ken

Last edited:
I did my own lights like the AdMore stuff. I'm pleased with it. It is most effective at night of course.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Right now my problem is there are so many farkles (read that "check book drainers") that I want/need that I have to prioritize. I bought the Givi fz1111 (I think that's right) brackets and fitted an aluminum plate on which to put my 40 liter Nelson Rigg dry bag. So, I'm not geting a top box anytime soon.
I can get some addtional lights that will fit under the aluminum plate and I like that light that fits under the license plate. I think with those, I'll have the additional sense of safety I want.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys! - MikeC

Here's the only pic I have of my home made rack- it's quite sturdy!

Here I am loaded for bear!

Last edited:
The straps and bags both have reflective piping. I can fit another running/brake between the straps on the tail bag. Could also put some smaller running lights on the side of the aluminum plate

So, I'll change the question.
I'm also going to change the question a bit ;-)

I would like to increase my visibility to drivers behind me, especially at night

It that is what you are after, try 3M Solas tape. Safety Of Life At Sea tape can be found on Ebay or any boating store near you. Liberally applied to to the back of your bike any cager will see you miles away...Even at night.... In the rain.... How do I know? I've run it on my rear panniers and have had people approach me in Interstate rest areas in the middle of the night and actually tell me how visible I was (!).

You can put the 3M Solas anywhere you want in any pattern you desire. Personally I think it is more effective at night than a wall of tail lamps.

Obviously the Solas does nothing for daytime visibility of your motorcycle.

This is how your motorcycle would look at night when approached by another vehicle:

IMG_5675-L.jpg

IMG_5674-L.jpg

IMG_5676-L.jpg

It might be hard to tell in those photos, but the patches of reflective tape stand out so much that they are almost blinding. Drivers are accustomed to seeing a red tail lamp and a couple of orange lamps on each side. That pattern doesn't even register with most people anymore. Splash a bunch of 3M reflective tape in weird patterns and a uber bright Whelen LED for a brake lamp and you will catch not only driver's eyes, but also their brains ;-)

Last edited:
I'm also going to change the question a bit ;-)

I would like to increase my visibility to drivers behind me, especially at night

It that is what you are after, try 3M Solas tape. Safety Of Life At Sea tape can be found on Ebay or any boating store near you. Liberally applied to to the back of your bike any cager will see you miles away...Even at night.... In the rain.... How do I know? I've run it on my rear panniers and have had people approach me in Interstate rest areas in the middle of the night and actually tell me how visible I was (!).

You can put the 3M Solas anywhere you want in any pattern you desire. Personally I think it is more effective at night than a wall of tail lamps.

Obviously the Solas does nothing for daytime visibility of your motorcycle.

This is how your motorcycle would look at night when approached by another vehicle:

It might be hard to tell in those photos, but the patches of reflective tape stand out so much that they are almost blinding. Drivers are accustomed to seeing a red tail lamp and a couple of orange lamps on each side. That pattern doesn't even register with most people anymore. Splash a bunch of 3M reflective tape in weird patterns and a uber bright Whelen LED for a brake lamp and you will catch not only driver's eyes, but also their brains ;-)

Thanks LD! I will order some of that tonight! Tell me, did you do your Bun Burner Gold on the NC?

I just added the GYB "Stopper" light bar to the license plate frame (See video posting HERE). The light was $20, and it works really well.
I remember reading in the instructions that it can be used as a "running" light and glow at half power all the time, and then full when the brake is on. The attachment to do that is HERE ($10). Seems like what you're looking for. Effective, cheap, easy to wire in.
ledbrakea.jpg
Now that I've found the add-on, I might actually add that for the one pictured.

Last edited:
Back