• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NGK spark plug

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for 2 new NGK sparks plugs for my NC700X. No Houston Honda dealer has the IFR6G-11K, HONDA PARTS NUMBER 12290-RSH-003, in stock.

No auto parts house has this NGK spark plug in stock. I have called a few internet sites and none have this plug in stock. I have called NGK USA, and they do not have the spark plug in stock.

Does anyone have a source for buying two new NGK spark plugs for the NC700X?

Last edited:
I called their parts number
1-888-984-2011 Parts Availability

They do not have the spark plug in stock. Like everyone else they stated they could order the part from Honda. One problem, Honda has none in stock.
Honda is backorder only!

Thanks for the try!

Maybe?

Scooter Parts | Racing Planet USA | Performance & Spare Parts Shop

Apparently they are in Honda Civics in the UK (and France and Australia at least, as near as I can tell)

Plenty show up on Amazon.uk and ebay.uk

According to NGK IFR6G11K - Alternative spark plugs

The specified NGK plugs cross to the following numbers:

Denso SK20PR-L11
Denso 3443
Honda 12290-RSH-003
Honda 98079-5617V
Honda 12290-RSH-0030

I have already tried all the possible spark plugs. The list included the Champion RC8WYP4 and the Champion OE179 also.

Just can not find so far.

Thanks!

Another good idea about the auto side through Amazon. However, Amazon USA only sells complete auto sets. Start at $118 and up. I just want 2 plugs.

Also, racing planet has them in the Europe warehouse only. About 10 days to get here. If I can not find anywhere else I will have to purchase these, but sure will be down for a while.

Last edited:
After many phone calls I believe I found an answer. I called Champion at 888-800-9629 and they really could not answer my technical questions as to their plug. So, I call Federal Mogal, the company who owns Champion Spark Plugs, at 800-325-8886. The technical fellow at Federal Mogal told me the correct part number is Champion Part #9802 and Champion Plug# RC8WYPB4. I have ordered 2 spark plugs though Champion Spark Plugs, sure hope they are correct. I will post an answer once if see the plugs. The Champion Plug is $7.14, not $29 as most Honda dealers charge when they have the plug.

What is your bike's mileage now, OCR?

Is this plug change for the recommended 32,000 mile maintenance swap out? If so, mad props for that mileage already.

Do they look like they really need changing, or are you going strictly by the book?

After many phone calls I believe I found an answer. I called Champion at 888-800-9629 and they really could not answer my technical questions as to their plug. So, I call Federal Mogal, the company who owns Champion Spark Plugs, at 800-325-8886. The technical fellow at Federal Mogal told me the correct part number is Champion Part #9802 and Champion Plug# RC8WYPB4. I have ordered 2 spark plugs though Champion Spark Plugs, sure hope they are correct. I will post an answer once if see the plugs. The Champion Plug is $7.14, not $29 as most Honda dealers charge when they have the plug.

FWIW
I personally would use the old used NGK plugs before I used Champion plugs in a HONDA. Champion plugs have a poor reputation in almost all Honda products from lawn mowers to autos and motorcycle. Some of the concerns are misfires, fouling and thread galling or sticking in the head.

FWIW
I personally would use the old used NGK plugs before I used Champion plugs in a HONDA. Champion plugs have a poor reputation in almost all Honda products from lawn mowers to autos and motorcycle. Some of the concerns are misfires, fouling and thread galling or sticking in the head.

The only two things I have ever religiously done on all my motorcycles, is use the OEM oil filters, and always use NGK plugs. :)

I know there are many internet stories on all products........my champion experience was Honda automotive misfire......quick google search gets these:

Champion spark plug WARNING

Spark Plug replacement for Honda | Lawn Mower and Small Engine | Bob Is The Oil Guy

Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community

No idea if any of these above experiences have any merit nor do we know the skills of the people involved but serve as information only.
Your results may vary and this could quickly turn into a "oil thread"..........:D

Last edited:
Honda is the largest NGK distributor in the world. No one sells more NGK sparks plugs than Honda. A dealer can get NGK spark plugs through Honda cheaper than he can from any of his distributors. So, better wholesale price for the Honda NGK plug. However, this does not translate into better retail price.

Motorcycle manufactures special order the spark plugs they use in a motorcycle. The engineers decide on the plug specs to be used. What is the difference is the electrode used! Yes, NGK makes most motorcycle spark plugs, and they are good plugs.

No one can see the electrode in a spark plug as they are covered by the top insulator and the metal shell. Motorcycle plugs are hard to find in other brands. However if one looks hard, other brands do make motorcycle spark plugs with the proper electrode gage wire.

Last edited:
The only two things I have ever religiously done on all my motorcycles, is use the OEM oil filters, and always use NGK plugs. :)

I used to follow that faith too and still use OEM oil filters but when I had my Honda VTX the four plugs it took were NGKs that were $23 each and as it turned out Bosch made a platinum +4 plug that worked better, lasted longer and cost $6. It's the only time I ever strayed...I swear. :rolleyes:

Honda is the largest NGK distributor in the world. No one sells more NGK sparks plugs than Honda. A dealer can get NGK spark plugs through Honda cheaper than he can from any of his distributors. So, better wholesale price for the Honda NGK plug. However, this does not translate into better retail price.

Motorcycle manufactures special order the spark plugs they use in a motorcycle. The engineers decide on the plug specs to be used. What is the difference is the electrode used! Yes, NGK makes most motorcycle spark plugs, and they are good plugs.

No one can see the electrode in a spark plug as they are covered by the top insulator and the metal shell. Motorcycle plugs are hard to find in other brands. However if one looks hard, other brands do make motorcycle spark plugs with the proper electrode gage wire.

The phone numbers I listed in my previous post are confirmed in stock. The last place in Washington has 11 on hand. FYI

I used to follow that faith too and still use OEM oil filters but when I had my Honda VTX the four plugs it took were NGKs that were $23 each and as it turned out Bosch made a platinum +4 plug that worked better, lasted longer and cost $6. It's the only time I ever strayed...I swear. :rolleyes:

Dad just put some Bosch +4 plugs in his VTX1800, too!

Back