• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDE

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Seen a thread like this in another bike forum.

So what did you do today?

Ride it?

Modify it?

Have preventive maintenance done?

What did you do with your NC700 today?

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode the SOB 500 miles through the remnants of Hurricane Issac. It is a decent motorboat.

When I get it home I will take it down for extreme farkling. The front suspension goes to Race Tech. A rear Ohlins is on the way. Farkle list includes Projector HID headlight retrofit; Tesla LED driving lights; Clearwater voltage sensor; Givi rear rack arms with Happy Trails flat rack; Renthal Fatbars; Rox Risers; Cycra ProBend hand guards; Kanaya short billet levers; homemade wind deflectors for the front of the Givi engine guards; a Whelen LED brake/tail/turn light; Honda heated grips with Grip Puppies; Honda burglar alarm; a PDM-60 power center for powering add-on circuits; an external Powerlet chassis plug for powering heated garments; and a Powerlet chassis plug inside the not-a-tank to power phones, cameras, etc.

I rode the SOB 500 miles through the remnants of Hurricane Issac. It is a decent motorboat.

When I get it home I will take it down for extreme farkling. The front suspension goes to Race Tech. A rear Ohlins is on the way. Farkle list includes Projector HID headlight retrofit; Tesla LED driving lights; Clearwater voltage sensor; Givi rear rack arms with Happy Trails flat rack; Renthal Fatbars; Rox Risers; Cycra ProBend hand guards; Kanaya short billet levers; homemade wind deflectors for the front of the Givi engine guards; a Whelen LED brake/tail/turn light; Honda heated grips with Grip Puppies; Honda burglar alarm; a PDM-60 power center for powering add-on circuits; an external Powerlet chassis plug for powering heated garments; and a Powerlet chassis plug inside the not-a-tank to power phones, cameras, etc.

Whew! That's quite a list of things to come! Can't wait to see the pics after completion!

Been riding mine all the time being in England I haven't managed to ride it in the sun yet, waiting to receive my taller screen to keep the crap off, I ride all year dong about 20,000 miles per year

The weekend conspired against me. I only got out once - Sunday morning for a ride up to Panera for a coffee and newspaper. Spent last evening just wiping down the shiney parts...:)

My NC700 spent the weekend in the garage on account of my having to be out the area for the holiday weekend with everything including the kitchen sink. Today, put some miles on it for my commute to work. Its such a tease, like at the amusement park. Just as I'm getting settled in for the fun ride that it is, I arrive at my destination.

This weekend, I rode 4 hours (breaks included) from Houston TX to Rockport TX. Great ride down highway 35. As a new rider, I was little worried, however once I was on the open road I was able to enjoy every minute of it. Boy, the smells of the open road is a love/hate situation :D Yesterday I washed my bike for the first time, and took another two hour ride through Houston. Took it to work this morning for the first time.

I have heard mixed reviews on the extended windshield for the NC700x. I believe I read that Mek had one installed, and took it off to send it back with a complaint. Anyone else have experience with it?

This weekend, I rode 4 hours (breaks included) from Houston TX to Rockport TX. Great ride down highway 35. As a new rider, I was little worried, however once I was on the open road I was able to enjoy every minute of it. Boy, the smells of the open road is a love/hate situation :D Yesterday I washed my bike for the first time, and took another two hour ride through Houston. Took it to work this morning for the first time.

I have heard mixed reviews on the extended windshield for the NC700x. I believe I read that Mek had one installed, and took it off to send it back with a complaint. Anyone else have experience with it?

Only complaints I have about the taller windscreen is I haven't recieved it yet. Still on back order. I am somewhat surprised how well the stock small screen works though. I don't see it protecting me from the swarms of bugs that I face during certain times of the year. Need something bigger to keep the bugs off my helmet so I can still see after I exit the swarms.

Jeeeeeez beemerphile! you're worse than me! just ensure that the electricity delivery is sufficient to do what you want. Like the ideas around the suspension though. Pics please when you're done!

Thanks for the reminder ShockDoc. I need to do that too. Never done it before. Its allegedly a simple process even for a newbie like me ;-)

Only complaints I have about the taller windscreen is I haven't recieved it yet. Still on back order. I am somewhat surprised how well the stock small screen works though. I don't see it protecting me from the swarms of bugs that I face during certain times of the year. Need something bigger to keep the bugs off my helmet so I can still see after I exit the swarms.

Cool man, I'll be looking for your review of it. I looked like something out of Ghostbusters with all of the dead bug goo on me.

Thanks for the reminder ShockDoc. I need to do that too. Never done it before. Its allegedly a simple process even for a newbie like me ;-)
After some 250 muddy kilometers in the forrest it was just a matter of hosing it down. The X was surprisingly clean after the trip, and the hose did the rest.

IMG_1286.jpg

Seen a thread like this in another bike forum.

So what did you do today?

Ride it?

Modify it?

Have preventive maintenance done?

What did you do with your NC700 today?

Thanks for starting this thread. I enjoy reading and writing about such things.
LoL....I got into trouble with a young chap over there, when I posted such "useless" threads. (I don't mean you) :p

He pm me and told me I was posting crap and no one wants to read such things (he seemed to think he represented the whole user community).
Well, to cut a long story short, we argued online and he told me to "fark off" and subsequently I got kicked out by that admin who seemed to favour anyone but me. I was branded a troublemaker, no trial, just 2 jury members and a judge. Finito.

But yeah, I rode to work yesterday (I don't do that every day) and plan to do so more tomorrow and Thursday, because the season is ending soon.
I had thought about getting Gerbing heated jackets and gloves but I will wait. My current thermal liners seems still ok at 10-20 deg C.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back