• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New brake rotor technology reduces stopping distance

L18flyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to my kids' high school this week to watch a varsity basketball game because my daughter's cheer squad was performing. Before the game started some of the kids were handing out newspapers to the home fans, which it turned out were props for everyone to hold up and read while the other team was being introduced. Clever.

Well, it turns out the papers were left over issues from last October of a Temecula, California paper that happened to have a very interesting article about a new brake rotor technology. It is being tested by Lake Elsinore motorcycle officers and has proven to reduce stopping distance compared with standard rotors. In 60MPH tests, the police bike with the new rotors stopped 20 to 35 feet earlier than the bike equipped with standard rotors. Not sure when we'll be able to use this tech on our bikes. Here is the online version of the article:

Advanced technology in brake rotors for bike cops promotes safety :: The Valley News

Never wear? WOW. I wonder how bad it eats up brake pads? The fact you can stop much earlier is a god thing. Add this new technology with ABS and it sounds like you would have a pretty awesome braking system.

Back