• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock Seat

Seabee Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
I just took the 2012 NC700X for my first 1 hour trip around town breaking her in. The only thing that feels broken in is my Bony Boston Butt. OMG! I am 6' with an inseam of 34". Is anyone else experiencing a problem with being saddle sore after their ride? I have never been in this riding position before. All my other bikes have been muscle cruisers. I am riding the straight and flat roads of SE Florida right now until I move back up to the mountains of Western NC May 1st. The NC700X seams to crave the tight turns and hills that WNC has to offer. My riding habits will change when I move up there. Right now I am just wiggling around to take the pressure off my a**.

I'm with you on this. I sure would like to find a seat alteration place around here to make the seat about 1" lower and add a gel pad. I may have to start wearing Charmin to make it softer ;)

The riding position is superb. It's ideal. The problem is the seat shape and hardness. Stay tuned and there should be some aftermarket options.

I'm considering pulling off the front half of the seat cover and grinding off the sharp lines to make a more rounded shape, then re-stapling the cover. I've got nothing to lose. I think those sculptured edges fit well with the visual styling of the bike (and that's what sells it), but do nothing for your butt except make matters worse.

In the meantime, bicycling shorts, gel pads, or sheepskin will get us by until a solution is available.

Last edited:
I'm with you on this. I sure would like to find a seat alteration place around here to make the seat about 1" lower and add a gel pad. I may have to start wearing Charmin to make it softer ;)

Dianna took my 2010 FXD Dyna Super Glide stock seat and she did a great job replacing the material with memory foam and shaping it to fit my needs. I will be seeing her ASAP when I get back up there. She is a very down to earth kind of woman and takes great pride in the work she does. Here is her website link. Her prices are very reasonable.

diannasshop.com

Dianna’s Shop is one of Western North Carolina’s leading shops for motorcycle seat upholstery. Specializing in custom building each seat, every customer is sure to get the most out of their riding experience. Dianna takes pride in providing top quality services at an affordable price. Call today to find out how Dianna’s Shop can customize your seat!

Last edited:
I guess I was being over the top sarcastic. I rode a couple of 9 hour days on either side of an 11 hour day a couple of weeks ago no problem. Only 1300 miles though, hard to make distance in the Smokies.

I guess I was being over the top sarcastic. I rode a couple of 9 hour days on either side of an 11 hour day a couple of weeks ago no problem. Only 1300 miles though, hard to make distance in the Smokies.

Do you mind sharing what your height and weight is? I am 6' 225 lbs on a good day and I have what they call "Gone ass" disease. No extra cushion there! I also just turned 53 last July.

Last edited:
The riding position is superb. It's ideal. The problem is the seat shape and hardness. Stay tuned and there should be some aftermarket options.

I'm considering pulling off the front half of the seat cover and grinding off the sharp lines to make a more rounded shape, then re-stapling the cover. I've got nothing to lose. I think those sculptured edges fit well with the visual styling of the bike (and that's what sells it), but do nothing for your butt except make matters worse.

In the meantime, bicycling shorts, gel pads, or sheepskin will get us by until a solution is available.

Sounds like a plan 670cc. The only problem with adding a gel pad or sheepskin is the seat height is so high now I find myself tip toeing already at times.

Kuryakyn

SKWOOSH ™ GEL MOTORCYCLE SEAT CUSHIONS

Part # 5205

Hopper Passenger Pad 15" wide x 10½" long x ½" high
Mid Size Motorcycle Gel Cushion 13" wide x 11" long x 1" high
Universal Motorcycle Gel Cushion 15½" wide x 14" long x 1" high
TekPad® gel relieves pressure, maintains circulation & eliminates numbness & discomfort caused by long rides. The combination of TekPad® gel, Independent Comfort Suspension (ICS) & all welded waterproof construction delivers trouble free cruising comfort in a thin (1”), lightweight (16 oz.) compact shape.

Last edited:
Hey guys i'm 6'6 and 250 pounds and the stock seat is the equivalent to a block of concrete. Numb ass would be an understatement!!!!! Picking up my redesigned seat in the morning. Raised an inch in the front to flatten out the seat a little and gel inserted in the middle right where my tailbone sits. Never did like the slippery dip effect sliding down from the back of the seat to the front crushing my jibbletts in the process!!!:)

Although the seat of the NCX is NOT PERFECT, well what is?, I thought it was rather ok for a motorcycle ride.
I have done 2 hours non-stop and it does not kill my bum as some described here.
Perhaps like new shoes, you need to run in your s, to match with the NCX seat?
:p

Yes, I've taken the bike to work everyday this week so far. With 100miles rounds trip each day, this stock seat is deffinately a pain in the a$$! Can't wait for the aftermarket options or to find an a place that will customize it locally. Seat covers aren't an option as I'm still on the seat when at a stop standing up. I can be flat footed, but my butt is still putting pressure on the seat. So I don't get any releif at stops like I did with my old VRod which had a 26in seat height.

Do you mind sharing what your height and weight is? I am 6' 225 lbs on a good day and I have what they call "Gone ass" disease. No extra cushion there! I also just turned 53 last July.
56, 155 lbs in street clothes, 5' 6", 29" inseam. Bony butt, no ass to speak of.

Everybody is different. I like a hard seat as long as it has no ridges or hot spots. I have a Sargent on my ST1300 and the BMW I just got rid of had a Corbin. Between the two I've logged 165,000 miles on hard seats. After the first initial ride in jeans I have always worn riding pants and the NCX seat isn't a problem for me but I am only at 4000 miles. I did not replace the ST1300 stock seat until 10,000 miles. I gave it and by butt time to make it or break it. I realize that there are folks that can't ride to the corner store without complaining and the stock seat has to go for them.

56, 155 lbs in street clothes, 5' 6", 29" inseam. Bony butt, no ass to speak of.

Everybody is different. I like a hard seat as long as it has no ridges or hot spots. I have a Sargent on my ST1300 and the BMW I just got rid of had a Corbin. Between the two I've logged 165,000 miles on hard seats. After the first initial ride in jeans I have always worn riding pants and the NCX seat isn't a problem for me but I am only at 4000 miles. I did not replace the ST1300 stock seat until 10,000 miles. I gave it and by butt time to make it or break it. I realize that there are folks that can't ride to the corner store without complaining and the stock seat has to go for them.

F U! I have your corner store hanging.

Last edited:
Back