• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place pf the passenger seat.

W

westgl

Rear Rack, I want a rack to take the place of the passenger seat.

Does anyone know of, or have seen a rear rack that replaces the passenger seat.

I ride solo, and want a Rear Rack that Replaces the Rear Seat.

I do not mind lifting the rear rack to fill the gas tank.

I will be adding a 89'-99' Isuzu Rodeo Head rest as a back rest

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same desire, but havent been able to find anything. I would actually prefer one that had a hole in it so I could access the fuel cap directly.

Does anyone know of, or have seen a rear rack that replaces the passenger seat.

I ride solo, and want a Rear Rack that Replaces the Rear Seat.

I do not mind lifting the rear rack to fill the gas tank.

I will be adding a 89'-99' Isuzu Rodeo Head rest as a back rest
0.jpg

With just three bolts on the back seat it would not be that hard to fabricate. However, no fab man is very cheap. Can be done in any small fab shop.

SmileyFunnyFace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
With any luck one of the SW Motech rear racks will fit good enough to be used for that purpose. There are a lot of different models, but the trouble is finding the most compatible one.

$(KGrHqNHJFQFGuIyNOt4BR0YevQ,lw~~60_35.JPG

I'm with you guys. I never carry passengers, and if I can't have a cool HondaBikePro fuel cell (or equivalent) for back there, then I want to ditch the seat and go for a rack or luggage platform, that can simply leave a hole to access the fuel filler through.

Wasn't there a member here that did this? Used a plastic cutting board, I think.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

This is the member that Draco mentioned above. For some reason I don't think it worked as well as he had hoped, but I think that might have been the hardware, not the concept.

DSC_0002-XL.jpg

Cutting board rack...

What I want is to get rid of the passenger hand grips and seat, and add a rear rack over the gas filler.

But I want the rack to have a couple tubes for my back rest.

I have used the Isuzu Rodeo Head rest, on another bike as a back rest, they are cheap $25.00 and dont look to bad either.

Link to the 89-99' Isuzu Rodeo Head rest for use as a Back rest.

Isuzu Rodeo 2 Seat Headrest 1998 2002 | eBay

That head rest/Back rest with a tube mount to the Front of the new rack, with a tube mount you could adjust the height, or even remove it if there was a time that you would want to ride without it.

On one bike that i have the Back rest on, I have a cover, over the back rest, to match the seat on it, it is a gray leather seat

On another bike i have, it has a top box/Trunk, under the top box is a rack that the top box mounts to.

The top box rack could be mounted to the passenger seat location.

Most top boxes/trunk have a back rest already on them.

I dont know how it would effect the bikes looks.

I am trying to picture it, and am not liking what I imagine.

Another thought was to relocate the filler further rear of the bike.

I have been thinking, (always gets me in trouble) a couple different ways to go.

I want a good professional look, and do not want any mickey mousing.

Well I did this 003.jpg
It is just a plastic cutting board I have since painted it black
Works great I don't have to remove camping gear to fuel up.
20130616_150752.jpg

johnakay are you reading this? Looks like an opportunity for you with customers already in line.

just seen this now.
yes I could if there is enough interest and genuine order's.
I could make some thing like this using the 3 bolts and front brackets so that you can lock it it still.
10430d1386489526-rear-rack-i-want-rack-take-place-pf-passenger-seat-%24-kgrhqnhjfqfguiynot4br0yevq-lw~~60_35.jpg

Last edited:
just seen this now.
yes I could if there is enough interest and genuine order's.
I could make some thing like this using the 3 bolts and front brackets so that you can lock it it still.
10430d1386489526-rear-rack-i-want-rack-take-place-pf-passenger-seat-%24-kgrhqnhjfqfguiynot4br0yevq-lw~~60_35.jpg

Would that material be;

1. alum.?
2. thickness?
3. In Black?
4. Ball park price?
5. Approximate Shipping $$ to zip 97537? West Coast USA

price I cant say as yet new product!! and I will have to price things up from outside.
more than likely steel plate powder coated black.
maybe a full cover and fastened to the rear seat hinge and clip into the existing hole for security using the key.
yes I could weld two solid bars with holes for h/rest to fit with locking bolts etc.

That sounds like something I would be interested in. No real need for the backrest, but I'd love a rack with tie down points that could lift and lock like the seat. When you say a cover, would it be removable for when in use, but on for show?

price I cant say as yet new product!! and I will have to price things up from outside.
more than likely steel plate powder coated black.
maybe a full cover and fastened to the rear seat hinge and clip into the existing hole for security using the key.
yes I could weld two solid bars with holes for h/rest to fit with locking bolts etc.

Back