• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT Reset

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this on UK forum learned from a Honda engineer.
Mike5100 on UK forum said:
Anyway now to the interesting bit (and apologies of this procedure has been previously posted). You can do the reset yourself: (get the engine oild moderately warm first)
Hold the D button down while turning the start key.
Wait for FI light to go out
Release D button
Press D D N D
a line of dashes comes up.
Start the bike
Clutch rumbles twice
line of dashes goes away
Turn off the engine then on again

Mike

I don't have a DCT so I guess I don't really need to know but I'm curious. What are you resetting? Why do you have to do this? Does it have something to do with the whole shutting it off with the kill switch while in gear?

The DCT goes through a learning process. This gives the learning process a fresh start. Engine may behave different after some miles or rider may be riding different. Many report a change in operation after 8000 mile service and this reset should be part of that service explaing the difference.

Saw this on UK forum learned from a Honda engineer.

Did you even try this before posting it? I don't think so cause it's not the correct procedure.

10miyx5.jpg

2woafz8.jpg

21eyuzc.jpg

28w1lzk.jpg

Did you even try this before posting it? I don't think so cause it's not the correct procedure.

10miyx5.jpg

2woafz8.jpg

21eyuzc.jpg

28w1lzk.jpg

DCT Reset method worked perfect for me. My CTX700ND was showing "DS" both in shift mode and couldn't switch to D/S/MT mode at all. After following DCT reset procedure, now I am able to switch to different modes D, S and MT as well.

One quick note on step#2 is that the "MIL" goes off very quickly (within couple seconds) after you turn on Ignition switch ON while D/S switch is pressed, so no need to hold D/S for too long waiting for MIL to blink/turn off.

Thanks!

I am wondering if anyone has an update of this procedure for 2016 and 2017 bikes. The workshop manual for my X-Adv (2017 750 motor) has the instructions clearly saying that the throttle should not be touched during the reset or "Clutch Initialise Learning" procedure (to give its proper title) . A friend was discussing the reset on his 2016 750 today and he is reading on the net that the throttle should be held wide open when pressing the sequence on the D/N button. Anyone else got any info on this ?

The procedure is exactly the same for newer models as well. Do not touch the throttle. I have 2017 Integra 750 and I do the clutch reset every now and then when the gear changes start getting little rougher. Works every time.

Thanks for that. In the interim I have seen a page from a 2016 750X and it clearly states that the throttle should be open fully in part 2 of the procedure. My X is that same as yours with throttle untouched.

Back