• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Turn signal relay for LED turn signals

bigjeff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been trying to track one of these down without paying $50 for a $10 relay. NC700 shop wants $24 plus $24 shipping for the one they advertise. ouch!

Anyone know of a US or cheaper source?

I saw that and it looks exactly right but the OEM part #s do not match between the nc700x and the bikes advertised in that add. Probally the same tho.

Last edited:
hey - so I found this one and wrote the seller and it seems like it will work and it is in the US and is $24 and change shipped. Going to give it a try.

item # 400574755441

Honda LED 4 Pin Relay Turn Signal for Flash Rate Lights GL1800 ST1300 VT750 | eBay

$(KGrHqJHJFEFI,wCid)8BSOLlMq9Gw~~60_57.JPG

Replaces OEM Part #: 38301-MEG-000
Replaces Manufacturer Part #'s: FR 33-025 (Mitsuba)

Last edited:
just a fyi - - that relay worked perfectly. Now running all led bulbs in the stock turn signal fixtures and the 4 ways and turn signals work perfectly.

just a fyi - - that relay worked perfectly. Now running all led bulbs in the stock turn signal fixtures and the 4 ways and turn signals work perfectly.

Forgive my old brain, but have I asked if your front signals still have the running light function, and did you answer me, lol? :rolleyes: :eek:

Which bulbs did you go with?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Check your blinker bulbs and make sure they don't look like this one low on fluid.
IMG_20140404_195446.jpg

If it does I recommend O'Riley brand fluid.
1003610_622003834548619_1290089779_n.jpg

And while you are there good idea to get some piston return springs for roadside repair if needed..

I have been trying to track one of these down without paying $50 for a $10 relay. NC700 shop wants $24 plus $24 shipping for the one they advertise. ouch!

Anyone know of a US or cheaper source?

I am in the process of doing the same thing with NaNCy at this time. I purchased a LED Flasher Unit from Amazon, it has not arrived yet. I am also trying to put together a LED Conversion Kit for the stock turn signals. Would that be something that everyone here would be intested in knowing more about?

The goal is for me to do a complete LED Conversion on NaNCy. So far I have the follow, LED Headlight, Taillight, and license plate light. All is missing is the Turn Signals to complete the conversion.

Check your blinker bulbs and make sure they don't look like this one low on fluid.
View attachment 15796

If it does I recommend O'Riley brand fluid.
View attachment 15797

And while you are there good idea to get some piston return springs for roadside repair if needed..
Late with this, but thanks for laugh!

Can someone tell me what happens if you put leds in your turns/flashers and don't change the relay? I did it with my last old old VW and it worked fine.

They'll flash very fast unless you've an electronic flash relay or you can leave the old style relay but you must install a load resistor for every LED.

can anyone do a sort of recipe' thing for those of us (me) who know very little about wiring or LED lights?

I recognize that LED is brighter, longer lasting, and generally a better choice. I've read the posts, but I can't put it all together yet... where to start or what to do in what order.

can anyone do a sort of recipe' thing for those of us (me) who know very little about wiring or LED lights?

I recognize that LED is brighter, longer lasting, and generally a better choice. I've read the posts, but I can't put it all together yet... where to start or what to do in what order.

LED aren't always the right solution.
I've got LEDs in my house now, most of my light fixtures are LED (a few are controlled by things that don't support LEDs, motion sensors or fan controls, these are usually compact fluorescent or incandescent depending on what works)

I have no LEDs in my cars or on my bike.

The way I see it the reasons to go to LEDs for automotive applications are thus:
Replaced less often (10x longer life, assuming that the electronics running them are built with some quality)
Draw less power

Having never replaced the bulbs on my motorcycle, and only the headlights on my car, I've found all the replacement efforts to be easy, and not something that I'd want to avoid so vehemently as to pay for LED bulbs.
As for the power, that might be a concern if you fear you are pulling to much power off your alternator already, the motorcycle generates the same amount of power if you use it or not, so might as well use it... But if you find yourself with a bunch of heated gear, grips, mirrors, windshield etc. pulling lots of excess power off the bike (40-100 amps seems like a lot for the NC, but some one else can look up the numbers on the forum and correct me if I'm wrong) then dropping the draw on the lights might be worth while.

Any how to answer your question, the concerns are thus:
Blinking lights need to be controlled by something that supports a lower draw (this thread) on the motorcycle that is the turn signal/hazzards. If you ever put a trailer on a car/truck that didn't have the right controller you'd see a similar effect, the lights blink faster/slower because of the change in draw on those light... (reason on the bike is different but the results are more or less the same)

Headlamp needs to have the brights included in it (one shines up one shines down, creates a different beam pattern than the incandescent bulb) find the right bulb and I guess you have a drop in replacement (so long as it's facing the correct direction high beams up, low beams down I believe)

Tail light needs to be able to light up the license plate (legal requirement that the licences plate is lite, pattern on LED's is normally a 2 degree spread straight back, on the tail lamp you need to direct some light down to the license plate to light that up, or install another lamp to light that up and tie it to the tail light power source.

Make sure you hit those 3 points and I think you have everything you need to run LED bulbs. I believe you can even swap out one pair of the turn signals with out changing the controller (that is either both front, or both rear) though some one can double check my work on that. Plenty of drop in replacements for the bulbs in our bike are floating around out there on various websites/ebay.
That pretty much sums it up, at least as far as I know...

I think you missed the most important reason for LED brake lights and turn signals, the reason they're now mandatory on trucks. They light up faster. This gives the driver seeing it more time to react, and catches their attention better.

Also, didn't someone modify the stock relay? I can't find the thread.

The flasher unit is encapsulated in epoxy. It's really not worth the effort to do the modification. If you did, you would be leaving sensitive electronics open to the outside world and possible corrosion.

I'd recommend that you purchase one of these instead, Amazon LED Flasher Unit. I ordered one off of Amazon, I have not gotten it yet though. My Local USPS Office has not been delivering my packages to me lately, how annoying. I wish I had a better answer from you and everyone else on the subject.

I put LEDs on so I could have clear lenses that don't show the bulb color through the clear lenses when off. It is a preference. Just like when people bolt luggage all over their bike. They like it. I think it looks stupid. It is a preference. See the difference?

newrearlot.jpg

old rear inside.jpg

Last edited:
Back