• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig wind deflector

kjang

Reaction score
Visit site
Received my puig wind deflector.
Its the clamp on without drilling type.

I have it on my HONDA TALL touring.
Fits nicely.

Has adjustment angle
Has adjustment height
Has detent for adjustments

Haven't ridden as yet since install.

puig deflector.jpg

puig deflector1.jpg

puig deflector2.jpg

puig deflector3.jpg

Ken

Last edited:
Received my puig wind deflector.
Its the attach on without drilling type.

I have it on my HONDA TALL touring.
Fits nicely.

Has adjustment angle
Has adjustment height
Has detent for adjustments

Haven't ridden as yet since install.
Pictures to come...

Ken

I'm curious to see what you have to say. I don't want to tell you my opinion until you have ridden your bike. After you get a couple days worth of riding lets compare results.

Larryb, Reference your PM. I got it from here. I know he has a few on hand. He picked up a couple extra just in case.

Kirk
AF1 Racing Aprilia / Vespa / Piaggio / Moto Guzzi
699 W. San Antonio St
New Braunfels, TX 78130
830-626-3966
[email protected]

Curiosity is killing me. Did it make much of a differnce??? :)

as long as the end of it is at app. level of your nose-it should make a big difference. if the screen(with extension or not) ends at this level wind would flow over your head and as a result there is should be much less wind noise,shaking etc.
i've made my own (one that user can just clip on w\o any tools and remove at any time) and planning to make at least couple other different 'models'. i think our local plastics shop even has matching plexiglass(light smoke for me) :)
with such extension on-i can even ride w/o helmet and any glasses(not doing it often,but once in a while,if i'm going on very short trip around our small city

I'll try to get some riding time in, but starting this friday and the whole week I am on-call. So its probably the following week for sure.
I hate being on-call, its a real pain. I sit at home and monitor our network. Can't leave. Stuck looking at a screen.

I can tell you that once I open the package:
I saw the little wind deflector and first thought, its looks small.
The attachment point to the main windshield to the deflector is nice. I like the detent settings.
It looks like its made for the HONDA TALL windshield.

Ken

I'll try to get some riding time in, but starting this friday and the whole week I am on-call. So its probably the following week for sure.
I hate being on-call, its a real pain. I sit at home and monitor our network. Can't leave. Stuck looking at a screen.

I can tell you that once I open the package:
I saw the little wind deflector and first thought, its looks small.
The attachment point to the main windshield to the deflector is nice. I like the detent settings.
It looks like its made for the HONDA TALL windshield.

Ken

It's funny you said that. I thought the same thing. Sure looks small. Once I installed it looked much better.

Could someone tell me how far apart the brackets are please.
The screen I have is 11" wide at the top, will it fit ok ?
Thanks

I will go out at lunch and measure the distance. About 40 minutes from now.

also just a note: You can move the feet from side to side a little during the install. So there is some leeway for you.

Ken

Could someone tell me how far apart the brackets are please.
The screen I have is 11" wide at the top, will it fit ok ?
Thanks

I tried to take a picture but was not very successful with one hand on the measuring tape and the other with the phone. Plus is is cold out there. You looking at 6 1/4" from outside edge to outside edge.

20131025_104432.jpg

Hi,
Do you have a model number of this item, what dealer/store, cost etc I would like to get it to push the wind just a couple more inches up make it better for myself. Really appreciate the feed back as well from the users out there as well

Hi,
Do you have a model number of this item, what dealer/store, cost etc I would like to get it to push the wind just a couple more inches up make it better for myself. Really appreciate the feed back as well from the users out there as well

You can get it here. When I contacted him I told him a few other from the forum may be interested so he secured a few others from Puig USA. The parts numbers are:

Light smoke (part# 6319H)
Clear (part# 6319W).

Kirk
699 W. San Antonio St
New Braunfels, TX 78130
830-626-3966
[email protected]

You can get it here. When I contacted him I told him a few other from the forum may be interested so he secured a few others from Puig USA. The parts numbers are:

Light smoke (part# 6319H)
Clear (part# 6319W).

Kirk
699 W. San Antonio St
New Braunfels, TX 78130
830-626-3966
[email protected]

Thanks I'll send email and heck I can run up there tomorrow if he has a clear one. I currently have a GIVI screen but I also have the Honda Tall screen that I purchased with the bike when I picked it up. Stock was just too short.

Thank would work out nice since you live so close. When I first contacted him he did not have any. It still only took 10 days to get it delivered and he had to get his hands on them first. So, if he does not have it he can get it quickly.

I put the puig deflector on my honda tall windshield. It fits nicely. The puig and honda tall is windshield are similar.
I rode on the highway going about 50mph to 70mph.

Conditions: hardly any wind (very nice day), sunny.
Helmet: Arai XD4 medium size
Height: 5'10"
Inseam: 32"

WITH OUT the deflector: I do get buffeting and alot of wind noise.
WITH the deflector: smoother air. Slight to non buffeting. Can still hear wind noise but not bad.

The deflector installed onto the honda tall windshield hit me about chin level or so.

Your results may vary depending on inseam, windshield, angle of deflector.

Summary, It helps my situation. It did not eliminate the wind noise, but made is better. Very slight to gone on the buffeting.

Ken

Same results I got. I'm happy with the improvement and it looks good mounted on the windscreen. Glad you hear it made things a little better for you.

Back