• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Canadians that have done service at dealer.

cdnuser

Reaction score
Visit site
Any Canadians out there that have done service at the local dealer? Just trying to be prepared when I take it in for service and have something to compare it to. Thanks.

The way they delivered my bike, no way.. I do everything myself. Even the mirrors were not tightened, I almost lost one on my way home.

First service at 100km cost me 139.49 at Excel Honda on Paré st in Montreal (near the Orange Julep) The service guys were really nice and all adjustments that I asked were done and oil change and filter done as well.

I'm a DIY kinda guy, so I'm afraid I can't be much help. But I did have the rear tire changed at the Good Time Center in Ottawa, and was pleased with the results. Price of the tire aside, I think they only charged me $40 for the change, and they lubed the chain, checked my front tire pressure, and a few other little maintenance items.

Just had my 1000km service and check done at the dealer. around c$200.
Shame the tech didn't tighten the chain tensioner on the chain side....
I got 1/2km up the road when it came totally loose, and twisted into the sprocket, and tore itself and the sprocket bolts to pieces!
New parts required, tensioner mechanism, swing arm end plate, sprocket and bolts, sprocket carrier. All for one missed bolt!

Word of advice from this, make checking those bolts on the end of your swing arm part of your pre-ride check.

Just had my 1000km service and check done at the dealer. around c$200.
Shame the tech didn't tighten the chain tensioner on the chain side....
I got 1/2km up the road when it came totally loose, and twisted into the sprocket, and tore itself and the sprocket bolts to pieces!
New parts required, tensioner mechanism, swing arm end plate, sprocket and bolts, sprocket carrier. All for one missed bolt!

Word of advice from this, make checking those bolts on the end of your swing arm part of your pre-ride check.

oof! :eek:

That's gotta suck :mad:

Glad it wasn't a worse outcome!

oof! :eek:

That's gotta suck :mad:

Glad it wasn't a worse outcome!

I'm glad there was nothing behind me when it happened, that could have been bad.
It's funny how fast the dealer sorts things out when something like this happens.

Back