• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is your other ride(s) if any?

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
It would appear from their posts that some other members have more than one bike so I thought that it might be interesting to know what other bikes they have.
My leisure bike is a 2011 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner I'm also lucky enough to get the occasional ride on my wife's CBF1000Fa and Hornet
dcp_3825.jpg

Attachments

• dcp_3825.jpg
    dcp_3825.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 652
  • dcp_3864.jpg
    dcp_3864.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
My 'other one' is the Honda NT700VA/Deauville I use for touring. For commuting purposes and pure fun I got the 'X'.

Here she is, the Lady in Red, a true beauty!

DSC_1848.jpg

The picture is from my trip to Normandie in France this summer, here in a small fishing village close to "Omaha beach".

Last edited:
I have an 07 Honda VFR as my solo ride
IMG_0703.jpg

A 96 XR250L as my around town errand runner
IMG_1610.jpg

and the NC as my bike to ride with the wife. Unfortunately I don't get to use any to commute to work. Gotta use the company car for that. Police depts are funny that way

Last edited:
My other bikes are a 1985 Honda GL1200I and a 1999 Yamaha TW200. The NC700X fits nicely between the two.

Last edited:
2009 Linhai Aeolus 150cc scooter. I bought her new in May 2011. Got over 15,000 miles on my China girl, and still going strong!
HPIM0223.JPG

Attachments

• HPIM0223.JPG
    HPIM0223.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
I have an 07 Honda VFR as my solo ride
IMG_0703.jpg

A 96 XR250L as my around town errand runner
IMG_1610.jpg

and the NC as my bike to ride with the wife. Unfortunately I don't get to use any to commute to work. Gotta use the company car for that. Police depts are funny that way

I really like the VFR which has basically the same engine as my Crossrunner. Is that a standard colour or a paint job? whichever it is really smart

I really like the VFR which has basically the same engine as my Crossrunner. Is that a standard colour or a paint job? whichever it is really smart

That was one of the two colors available in the US for 07. It is the 25th anniversary color scheme. Believe it or not these didn't sell well and I picked it up in 09 new in the crate for under 8k

Is the crossrunner the v-tech engine (runs on 2 valves per cylinder up to 6400 rpm then switches to 4 valves per cylinder?). The crossrunner isn't available here in the states so I don't know much about it other than in looks sweet and has a great powerplant. I've never really cared for I-4 engines. Owned several and have never 'connected' with one. To me they just don't have any soul. Probably one reason I dig the nc with it's parallel twin

View attachment 124
Shadow 750 ACE
View attachment 125
Ninja EX250 (trainer)
View attachment 126
VFR750 Interceptor

..also FZR600 (no good pics, tho :( )

What a coincidence.

I have HAD the Ninja250 and also the ACE1100.
I am a 1-bike hero (for now). 4 months now with my NCX, I only clocked 3000km, so...

Today I just bought my wife a new helmet and new jacket.
I am betting if she likes coming along for my weekend day trips or evening rides, I may be looking at a 1200cc soon (2nd bike).

Goldwing (which I refer to as Big Bird, it's bright yellow)
Piaggio MP3 500 (which I call the Tricycle, it has 2 wheels in the front)
I'd post pic's, but I'm on a iPad and it doesn't let me.

You would never know that up until June 2011 I had't ridden a motorcycle since I was 14 years old (53 now) and then only trails never on the street. Now i log about 500 miles a week with my 86 mile round trip commute and weekend riding.
I guess you could say I'm hooked :).

What a coincidence.

I have HAD the Ninja250 and also the ACE1100.

Nice! I have actually decided to sell the Ninja 250 to a friend who needs a cheap commuter bike. (his Dodge Ram is killing him in gas costs!) My son wants the black fairing/plastics for his Ninja, so he'll put his midnight blue ones on my frame. Once I install the new fuel pump on the FZR, it's gone, too.

Basically looks like I'll be down to 3 bikes soon, all HONDA! :D

That was one of the two colors available in the US for 07. It is the 25th anniversary color scheme. Believe it or not these didn't sell well and I picked it up in 09 new in the crate for under 8k

Is the crossrunner the v-tech engine (runs on 2 valves per cylinder up to 6400 rpm then switches to 4 valves per cylinder?). The crossrunner isn't available here in the states so I don't know much about it other than in looks sweet and has a great powerplant. I've never really cared for I-4 engines. Owned several and have never 'connected' with one. To me they just don't have any soul. Probably one reason I dig the nc with it's parallel twin

Yes the crossrunner has the V-Tec engine. However the V-Tec has been improved over that used in the VFR800 and comes in much smoother. i'm no lover of in line 4s for rir the reasons you give. My favourite engine configurations are Vs either 4s or twins and the air head BMW boxer twins. As an ex Wing owner I also like the flat 4 or 6 as it now is. My perfect bike at the moment would be the Honda crosstour with it's VFR 1200 engine in a Crossrunner style bike. I really loved the engine in my VFR1200DCT. However I will not be buying one because it is so tall I struggle to get on it let alone be safe riding it :)

Yes the crossrunner has the V-Tec engine. However the V-Tec has been improved over that used in the VFR800 and comes in much smoother. i'm no lover of in line 4s for rir the reasons you give. My favourite engine configurations are Vs either 4s or twins and the air head BMW boxer twins. As an ex Wing owner I also like the flat 4 or 6 as it now is. My perfect bike at the moment would be the Honda crosstour with it's VFR 1200 engine in a Crossrunner style bike. I really loved the engine in my VFR1200DCT. However I will not be buying one because it is so tall I struggle to get on it let alone be safe riding it :)

If you are referring to the early v-tech (02-05) then yes. They moved the engagement point and smoothed it out in the VFR in 06. Mine is butter smooth with a PC III.

Back