• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures Puig Touring Windscreen VS Honda Tall Windscreen

Larryb

Reaction score
Visit site
Well to my surprise, the Puig and Honda Screens are very similar in size. The Puig is definitely more stylish and like the fact you can get it in light or dark smoke tint. I like the fact the Honda has additional bracing. But anyways here are some pics of the 2 side by side. The Honda windscreen is still up for sale unless the Puig fails me miserably on the way to work tomorrow morning :)

Larry,
What mounting holes did you use to install the Puig Screen. I originally mounted the Puig in the highest mounting position. But after a longish test ride, which wasn't very impressive, I mounted the Puig in the lowest mounting holes. The lower mounting holes provided a quieter and smoother air flow for me. I'm 6'2" tall. So be sure to try both mounting position options before declaring success or failure for the Puig. Sometimes less is more!
And the Puig looks a lot better than a lot of the screens available

I also used the lower holes to start with. I am sure its going to be a ton better than the short stock windscreen which seemed to direct the airflow to my shoulder and neck area.

Last edited:
my $7 dollar answer to a $137wunderlich(to solve air over your head problem with puig screen. the front bolt will be changed to a hex for a better appearance)

ed7d79a272b7.jpg

0528829e74c0.jpg

Great find ...

Any concerns of it holding up to the air pressure ??

my $7 dollar answer to a $137wunderlich(to solve air over your head problem with puig screen. the front bolt will be changed to a hex for a better appearance)

0528829e74c0.jpg

VE258,
How wide is the clamping surface of the holder where it clamps to the Puig screen? And is the acrylic glass only held by one bolt? Does the deflector acrylic glass stay level, or does the wind pressure try to turn it?
Overall a very creative use of your wife's birthday present! :~)

Great find ...

Any concerns of it holding up to the air pressure ??

you can tilt the top bolt(the one that you screw camera onto) ,make 2 holes in the screen. initially i was planning to use 2 mounts,but turns out-they where too big(i thought there will be much smaller)
as for surface- i cut some horse mat(letfovers that i had in my garage)
using something like this-

drillbit.jpg

and then cut it to the size,so the surface would be wide enough(not only bottom of the mount). worked pretty well,but i have to test it on speeds >80+miles(where we need it the most). but you got the general idea.
my point is that it can be done for much less that this wunderligh thingy(and imo-looks better). the deflector piece can be much smaller,thus reducing the pressure on whole thing. we have to play with it. but this camera mount itself-it's cheap and i really like the design of it.

i rode on I95 for about 50 miles in heavy traffic,moving 65+ mph. even with one bolt thing holds still,didn't move at all. not glass,not the mount. even on lower settings(holes on NC) wind goes over my head. i'm getting close to my comfort goal(burgman with large givi screen)
DSCF4682.JPG

the biggest concern puig screen itself. i might need some sort of bracket(like on oem honda tall screen) or reduce the size of this deflector or use bigger washers on the windshield.

here is the pics with original bolt(which is a bit longer than needed it)

71db06931de2.jpg

3559274953d2.jpg

72dace81a703.jpg

great_success_by_merionminor-d4xmjry.png

like i said-it's just an idea, a thought with plenty room for improvement. to use a cheap camera mount to hold a wind deflector
swapping original long bolt for a shorter,cleaner looking hex will definitely improve the look.

you can attach it to oem screen too(but imo-it's look ugly). another goal is to have the options. hot day- i might go with short screen or no screen at all. cold or long trip-put puig on. want even less air-put this thing on top

271f951593b8.jpg

i know, and i would love to buy it,but like you said-n\a in US. and it cost more than the screen itself.(imo-fair price for it (and that wunderlich thingy-about $50). definitely not well over a 100$. i hope our chinese brothers will finally catch up with NC and produce some good and cheap goodies.

i know, and i would love to buy it,but like you said-n\a in US. and it cost more than the screen itself.(imo-fair price for it (and that wunderlich thingy-about $50). definitely not well over a 100$. i hope our chinese brothers will finally catch up with NC and produce some good and cheap goodies.

Your right about the price. Expensive. I contacted OFD Racing Inc. One of their dealers in the US. They can get one but it will be $127 shipped. He said "lower 48" so I'm guessing it would be coming from Canada. Can only get it in clear and light smoke.

you can attach it to oem screen too(but imo-it's look ugly). another goal is to have the options. hot day- i might go with short screen or no screen at all. cold or long trip-put puig on. want even less air-put this thing on top

271f951593b8.jpg

Cleaver! Nicely done, McGyver!

Back