• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to make your gloves work with touch screen Phone / Gps....

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, folks!
Maybe I am somewhat behind on this, but still....
I was looking for a solution to the issue that many of us may have, without spending a lot of money on new "touch screen" gloves.

Here is the video that reveals the IDEA.

[video=youtube;stULjadQ2O0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=stULjadQ2O0[/video]

And here is a HD glove (just move your mouse over the picture to see details). It looks much better than the one in the video :) :) :)

Men's Resilient Touchscreen Tech Gloves | Touchscreen | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Or Aerostich
http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-touch-screen-elkskin-ropers.html

I think it's worth trying. I will soon. Please report your success story here :) Good luck!

Last edited:
I recall reading that you can use a hotdog or other sausage as a stylus for such devices...
Fits the need for "cheap" but I think it might fall short on the longevity scale.

Just to look at this from another angle:

I have some North Face gloves with capacitive fingertips much like These.
runners-glove-A94E_JK3_hero.jpg
Would there be an easy way to add armor/protection to these gloves? Or maybe some fingerless cycling gloves with knuckle protection that could be worn on top?

You could always just put a stylus somewhere within easy reach - maybe with velcro or with a retracting badge lanyard. Then it wouldn't matter which gloves you wore...

Or quit messing with electronics and ride the bike

Really...??? That's a constructive comment...

I would assume that you guys don't use the GPS... or iPhone for GPS.... or the one you use is a "future" model that understand voice commands...???
Or maybe you know all the roads by heart? :)

Hi, folks!
Maybe I am somewhat behind on this, but still....
I was looking for a solution to the issue that many of us may have, without spending a lot of money on new "touch screen" gloves.

Here is the video that reveals the IDEA.

[video=youtube;stULjadQ2O0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=stULjadQ2O0[/video]

I found the video informative, and chuckle provoking, thanks! The continual stabbing at the phone scenes with the ordinary glove made me laugh out loud, the guy using his nose to answer, and last, standing in the field waiting for someone to call, heehee. ;)

Any real leather glove with no inner liner will do. The leather is skin, and conductive. I use my phone with my summer gloves easily.
Now, my wintergloves are a lot more tricky - I can click (after several attemps), but not drag.
Harder and less precise than with no gloves, but doable to use the gps (as long as you dont need to enter data), or start a call or such.

I would assume that you guys don't use the GPS... or iPhone for GPS.... or the one you use is a "future" model that understand voice commands...???
Or maybe you know all the roads by heart? :)

Or it's one designed for a motorcycle and doesn't matter what gloves you use it just works. The fun for me on a motorcycle is to take off and find my way back. No maps or gps needed

?... The fun for me on a motorcycle is to take off and find my way back. No maps or gps needed

I like doing it the other way, begin the ride without it and get myself nice and lost. I then use the GPS when it's time to head back or need gas. It's really easy to lose your sense of direction in some of these forest roads of Colorado.

Any real leather glove with no inner liner will do. The leather is skin, and conductive. I use my phone with my summer gloves easily.
Now, my wintergloves are a lot more tricky - I can click (after several attemps), but not drag.
Harder and less precise than with no gloves, but doable to use the gps (as long as you dont need to enter data), or start a call or such.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Have seen your YouTube videos, and was wondering if you'd make it over here :D

For my Droid phone, the touchscreen doesn't work with any of my gloves. Stylus is a good idea, I've also found that licking the tip of your glove will allow temporary use such as skipping to the next song or hitting the answer button when someone calls.

Thread is made that you sew into any glove with this effect. However, using interphone headset with iphone siri ,just talk, and your wish is siri's command.0.jpg

smileyHeadset.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back