• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trim clips - any place cheap or any substitutes ?

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!
These stupid clips are a PITA big time... And they are all over the place! Why are they designed so, that they are hard to open and sooooo slippery :)
My bike has a couple of them in it's gut, waiting to melt one day (if they don't fall out...)

I looked at Procaliber - #3.13 each. That's CRAZY!!!!!!

Any ideas on a good place to buy or recommended substitute? I am sure I am not the only "klutz" :)

I am talking about the Part number 90683-GAZ-003. #22 in this link:
OEM Parts for Sale | Free Shipping on OEM Motorcycle Parts, OEM ATV Parts & More!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, I managed to break mine within 5 minutes of owning the bike.
My plan is to just live with an owner's manual lid that isn't 100% secure.

If you google "plastic rivets" you will find all kinds of styles and sizes. Just measure the diameter of the ones you want to replace. Pricing seems to be running less than $10 for a pack of 50. I didn't see any that were an exact match during a quick search, but as long as you can live with a small difference in style or design you should be able to find some that will work.

Bob

Beemerphile reports good things about Yamaha clips, which do the same task, but are superior. I would trust his opinion and give those a go just to see. :D

0000-Bolt-Motorcycle-Hardware-M6-Push-Rivets---.jpg
This company makes several different versions and sizes of this type of thing. Never tried them myself, but ~$3 each from Honda is crazy, and it doesn't take much to break them.

View attachment 5939
This company makes several different versions and sizes of this type of thing. Never tried them myself, but ~$3 each from Honda is crazy, and it doesn't take much to break them.

Those are built like the Yamaha style and are easier to live with. Losing them is inevitable, but if you are breaking them , it is wrong technique.

Yeah, I did check the ebay and a bunch of other places, but could not find exactly what we have.... So, seems that a substitute is inevitable :)

Thanks, guys!

Doesn't have to say, "motorcycle" on the package. Most, complete auto parts store, or a auto body repair shop will have a variety of the plastic fasteners.

Art

I wonder what the difference is, between those and the ones on the bike? Surely there's got to be *some* worthwhile difference?

The NCX Trim Clips are: Part # 90683-GAZ-003

Where as those, are: Part # 91503-SZ5-003

They probably fit perfectly, and you can't tell with the naked eye what the difference is, except they are waaaay cheaper than the other ones. :rolleyes:

I've always wondered how much money/time/resources is wasted in spec design for items so minutely different, that there is no real difference. Is one 1.0 mm longer than the other? 1.0 mm larger in diametre? Wouldn't it make more sense to clean sheet design something that uses the same silly little trim clips across an entire manufacturer's line up?

Same with turn signal lenses. The NCX turn signal lenses (where applicable) are *identical* to various model CBR1000RR, 250R, 125R, 600RR, etc., etc., etc.

...except, of course, for an utterly reasonless difference in the placement of a tiny little protrusion of plastic, set at say the 9:00 position for the 1000RR, 12:00 position for the 250R, 3:00 position for the NCX, and so on. It makes absolutely no difference at all, except to make one part ill fit the other by *juuust* enough, that you have to snip or file off a 1.0mm X 1.0mm little nub of plastic.

You don't even really have to do that to get them to interchange/fit though, you could put them on not even knowing there was any difference, only to have an eventual water leak into the turn signal, because the rubber gasket was invisibly misaligned.

Let us know how they work.........I think 10mm are too big.......those might be auto lower splash panel clips.

Many of the NC clips are 6mm...........

You are correct... too big! Returned! Gotta love Amazon :)

Beemerphile reports good things about Yamaha clips, which do the same task, but are superior. I would trust his opinion and give those a go just to see. :D

I need clips, and I don' mean to de-rail this thread, but where is Beemerphile? I haven't seen him around much.

Hey i sell these clips, the 91503-SZ5-003 ones, they fit 10mm holes. It's funny how they seem to fit on most Honda's. Looks like the difference between it and the "90683-GAZ-003" you mentioned is that it spreads out 2 ways instead of 4. Maybe something in this retainer clip guide would work too.

Back