• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally lowered the bike!!!

Ssscomp

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, So I am an older guy, 65, and I love the NC 700 X but I didn't like the high tail to swing my leg over. I can do it but my daughter tells me I look "really old dad". So I decided to lower the bike. I bought the soupy adjustable links and had them put on by the local Honda dealer who also lowered the front end approximately 1 inch. And the rear end was lowered 3 inches. He had to cut and weld the kickstand so that it would be at the right angle. The total time expended by the dealer was one half hour and what an incredible change. The bike handles absolutely spectacularly,It is remarkably comfortable, takes the curves beautifully and just feels "silky smooth". Can not recommend it enough. Also, just personally, I think the bike looks a million times better without that huge space between the tank tail and the tire. Try it, you might like it.

RJS

I lowered mine 1 1/2" just to make it easier for stops on uneven ground. I can throw my leg over something much taller (it's a horse thing), but I do feel much more comfortable with the bike dropped a little. I don't really notice a difference in how it looks, but at a 3" drop I'm sure it looks much sportier.

at a 3" drop I'm sure it looks much sportier.
and such drop probably going to solve a seat problem. cause originally-the rear of front seat is kind of tilted up. dropping the rear would make it somewhat flat and position will be more comfortable for your butt too.

I put the Soupy's links on as well. Dropped the front forks about 3/4 of an inch... And the back probably just a little more. It rides great. I may lower a little more in the future but not sure. This past weekend I had a skid plate installed, on of the ones Dale makes... It goes right back and covers the linkage. I'll upload a picture soon. Any luck with centre stands. I haven't decided what to do about that yet.

Not a 3 inch drop. You will be lifting the bike a lot more. I have the NC700s stand on my bike with a 40mm drop (1.57 inches). You are doubling what I am lowered. With the 40mm drop the S stand fits perfectly. But it could work as a starting point, if your dealer is willing to lop off another inch or so and weld. But I don't think it is that easy with the stand angle as it extends from the pivot point.

I'd really like to lower mine. I think that would make a huge difference for me too. I'm glad to hear so many others have done this and are pleased with the results.

If you do end up with excessive effort required to get the bike on the centerstand, there's an easy solution for your garage (probably not convenient for traveling though). Just roll the bike tire(s) up on a board to get it up higher before popping it up on the stand. Depending on whether you use a 1x6 or a 2x6 and the amount of drop in the suspension will determine whether you can get away with just the back tire. Obviously you would need the tire up on a board and the centerstand legs on the pavement for this to work. ;)

Okay, So I am an older guy, 65, and I love the NC 700 X but I didn't like the high tail to swing my leg over.
I can do it but my daughter tells me I look "really old dad".

I look really old all the time, not just when swinging my leg over a bike. :eek:
So I really don't care anymore how old I look doin' stuff.

Definately going to lower the bike to help my knees out, though.
Glad lowering worked out for you and thanks for the report.

I saw the new CTX700 at the dealer this week just like that one in the picture nice looking bike, BUT no freakin frunk!!!!!

Just barely a place for your smokes, but i dont smoke maybe I can fit a flask in there

I look really old all the time, not just when swinging my leg over a bike. :eek:
So I really don't care anymore how old I look doin' stuff.

Definately going to lower the bike to help my knees out, though.
Glad lowering worked out for you and thanks for the report.

I may be a wimp or more out of shape but I mount my bike like it's a horse! I do have some issues w/ my back though.

I step on the footpeg before swinging my leg over! I'm of course aware that it puts more weight & stress on the side stand so I try to always use the right side and ease my weight on it rather than jumping on the peg! So far no issues! Of course I wouldn't mind lowering the bike a little. Maybe 1/2" is little enough to avoid having to modify the side &/or center stand? I haven't looked into the lowering links, - can they lower the bike only 1/2"? Are they adjustable?

"Soupy adjustable links"?
What, and where?
My girlfriend would love to ride my X, but is intimidated by the ride height. I would love some info that'll help her get on it. Thanks!

Back