• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounting Tool Tubes inside of Givi panniers

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I mounted these tool tubes to carry an extra 1/2 gallon of fuel in preparation of a long trip in July. The tubes mount handily inside the Givi PL1111 flatback hardcase mounting racks. The forward end has a clamp around the rack and the back end has three zip ties around it. Half a gallon isn't much but it is an extra +/- 35 miles of gas and will allow me to stretch gas stops without worrying about a reserve. If so inclined they could hold whatever.

I went to their website, but that just confused this old man. Which ones did you buy that fit for perfect on the Givi's. Are yours the mega tubes.. Lot of combinations here. I have Givi bags with Give rack also, which tubes do I order to fit so good.9.jpg

SmileyFunnyFace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I mounted these tool tubes to carry an extra 1/2 gallon of fuel in preparation of a long trip in July. The tubes mount handily inside the Givi PL1111 flatback hardcase mounting racks. The forward end has a clamp around the rack and the back end has three zip ties around it. Half a gallon isn't much but it is an extra +/- 35 miles of gas and will allow me to stretch gas stops without worrying about a reserve. If so inclined they could hold whatever.

That is exactly how I was planning to mount mine! Genius I say.

The pictograms come off easily with acetone if you go with the ones from agrisupply. I tried this since I have two tubes from before I got the Givi V35 side cases. They were mounted on the frame near the rear tire. Unfortunately, I can't get the tubes to fit with with the V35N side frames, PLX1111. I used mine to hold the tire patch kit, an easy to get to flashlight, and a couple of, yeah, tools. I hate to waste them. If anybody has any other locations, please let me know. The V35s take up a lot of space and I can't put the tool tubes back on the frame.

If i had panniers that's how i would have done it. I got the ones from Agri Supply too. Mounted them under my top box.:D
I put red reflective tape on the lids so they do kinda look like rockets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If i had panniers that's how i would have done it. I got the ones from Agri Supply too. Mounted them under my top box.:D
I put red reflective tape on the lids so they do kinda look like rockets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I like that and plan on making up a geometric pattern for the tube tops from the bits of red, yellow, and white reflective tape I have left over. When I mount the brake strobe light in place of the rectangular red reflector I'll want to add some area of passive reflector to make up for it and the tops of the tubes is perfect.

For what it is worth when I was scrounging around looking for these locally I went to several tractor and agricultural supply dealers. Bush Hog makes tractor implements and mounted on them is a smaller version of the tube. They are about 12" long and 2.5" ID. It holds a rolled-up operator manual. The Bush Hog dealer could order them for me. Anyway, the smaller size looked like good fit mounted vertically on the frame downtubes on either side of the engine. In addition to extra storage they would provide some wind deflection around the lower legs.

Last edited:
I paid more but liked the dark almost black color with no pictograms on them.

Wow. You really did like them better. I oriented mine so that the graphics did not show. I think the color of the Argi Supply item is pretty black too. With the V35 brackets, there is not room for a tube behind the bags, so I settled for one under my flat rack. I covered the lid graphics with an Iron Butt Medallion (two actually for symmetry)...

DSC02979.jpgDSC02980.jpg

Beemer what rack did you put on.im looking for one to put a flat piece on.and may add the.cheap top box later??thanks

Back