• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any nt700v and nc700x owners here?

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
Would be a rough life no doubt though two fine rides plus maybe different enough to want both in the garage I would guess.

I'm sure Rocker will spot your thread and reply as he has just part ex'd his NC700X for a NTV700.

Your absolutely correct wozza :)
Not being a car driver I run a second bike as everyday transport including a 74 mile round trip to work which is how I used my NC. Prior to the NC I used 3 Deauvilles as the NTV is known here. They were 2 650s and a 700. I swapped for a NC but after around a year decided that whilst I found the NC a very good bike that Deauville fitted my personal needs better so swapped my NC for a new 700.
I'm happy to answer any question about the Deauville compared with NC

You can still find new NT700s in U.S. Saw one yesterday in Anniston, AL at dealer with out ABS and a price on it more than a new NC700 with ABS and DCT and the NT has been sitting there at least a couple years. Saw another NT in Natchez, MS last month. Perhaps a serious buyer could get a dealer to discount one a bit to get rid of it.

The NC fits my wants better and is much better priced.

(I tried, but I really could not resist this question!)

Rocker, did you really trade for it just because it has dual front discs?
Hi Lee I have just got home from the dealers turned the TV on and there was a cookery programme on. The lady had a big bowl and a large wooden spoon. Somehow her actions reminded me of you :) :)

Seriously my 3 main reasons for changing back were weather protection shaft drive and comfort

Hi Lee I have just got home from the dealers turned the TV on and there was a cookery programme on. The lady had a big bowl and a large wooden spoon. Somehow her actions reminded me of you :) :)

Seriously my 3 main reasons for changing back were weather protection shaft drive and comfort

Yes, but she was pleasantly stirring the pot, wasn't she?

I read through all these posts and it seems that I will be the first to openly admit to owning both these bikes. That will be the case after tomorrow... :eek:

I will have to check in on this post from time to time.

I have the NC700 and NT700. Any questions about them?

I do not any questions yet. As mentioned I will be buying one tomorrow and will be picking it up.

I read many reviews and the feelings were mixed regarding this bike. Obviously, the market did not accept the bike as it was only a 2-year model here in the US.

I am a former ST1300 owner and had a crush on the NT700V when it first came to the States. I did not see much of a point of owning this bike and the ST1300 at the same time.

I traded in my ST1300 to get a Zero SR. That bike did not work out for me and now I am getting the NT700V to replace the Zero and the ST1300 that I traded-in for it.

I do not any questions yet. As mentioned I will be buying one tomorrow and will be picking it up.

I read many reviews and the feelings were mixed regarding this bike. Obviously, the market did not accept the bike as it was only a 2-year model here in the US.

I am a former ST1300 owner and had a crush on the NT700V when it first came to the States. I did not see much of a point of owning this bike and the ST1300 at the same time.

I traded in my ST1300 to get a Zero SR. That bike did not work out for me and now I am getting the NT700V to replace the Zero and the ST1300 that I traded-in for it.

Thanks. Interesting. What didn't work out about the Zero SR?

I got a hard case of ambivalence toward buying that bike.

Thanks. Interesting. What didn't work out about the Zero SR?

I got a hard case of ambivalence toward buying that bike.

I cannot go into a great deal at this time regarding all the issues that I had with this bike. All I can say is that the factory offered me a way out and I took it. Now I can start a new chapter in my life.

Perhaps at a later time I can provide some more details regarding it all.

I owned 2 NTV650s followed by a NTV700 ( NTVs were more commonly known as Deauville this side of the pond) as my 2nd bikes used for a 75 mile daily commute all year round as I don’t have a car licence. When the 700 got to be high mileage I exchanged it for a new NC700X. After a few months I discovered that my dealer had his last NTV 700 in stock and that no more would be available in the UK so I decided that as I considered it a better bike for my commute I exchanged my NC for it. Sadly it is no more due an inattentive driver TBoneing me causing a serious foot injury. Following retirement I’m now back in the NC fold with a 2017 NC750X which I’m enjoying.

What I'd be really interested in hearing about the NT700/Deauville is the highway performance. Reviews from the 2010 era when they were released in the US (and practically all of the ones that were sold here were 2010s) tended to indicate that it was an okay bike up to about 65-70mph (105-115kph) but then it pretty much ran out of juice- running at high revs with attendant vibration while not really having much power left.
If that's the case, it might not be a top choice around here where 70mph is an unofficial minimum on the Interstates and long stretches at 80mph (130kph) are entirely common.
Secondly, it seems from those same reviews that the wind and weather protection is quite good. I'd like to hear about the reality in that regard.
Here's my perspective: my full-faring bike is a GL18. Now, on the Interstate in the kind of heavy traffic we see around here, it's probably the best motorcycle there is for arriving both safely and in good mental health. It's simply an awesome bike, a word I rarely use, for eight-laners full of angry car drivers.
But I am thinking about going lighter as the years pile up, and having a 900lb (400kg) bike is getting old, too. I suspect the NT is too light and too underpowered for this sort of riding that's needed in northeastern Illinois, where getting around without using the Interstates is nigh impossible.
Thank you for your insights in advance.

Last edited:
Our national speed limit is 70MPH but most motorway traffic tends to cruise at around 85 MPH and I never had any trouble keeping with them. Acceleration may not be exiting but is certainly more than adequate. As to weather protection whilst not in the same class as your Wing or a ST1300 but is certainly better than most bikes. The seat and riding position are really comfortable definitely more so than my NC which has a SHAD seat fitted.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Well, I am officially an owner of both bikes. I love both these bikes and they each have their purpose.

I find the NT to be smooth at or under 75 MPH on the highway. You can go over 80 MPH that's where the engine vibration starts to come into play mildly. I got the bike up to 85 this morning passing a car and the bike could go faster. There were many mentions of a needing a 6th gear in many reviews that I read of this bike. It couldn't hurt but is not necessary. The acceleration is good for being a 700 moving nearly 600 lbs of bike and the rider's weight. I can get up to highway merging speeds in a short distance and time.

I really enjoy the shaft drive and all the sounds the reduction gears make at low speeds. I had many shaft driven bikes over the years. The stock seat seems to be just fine on this bike. Honda has a reputation for making terrible seats on most of their bikes for many years. The sitting position in this bike more on the sporty side. The previous owner or the owner before put a set of handlebar raisers and that helps with bring you more upright. I also had to put back the bars slightly to minimize the fatigue in my hands. This makes the bike more comfortable.

The only fault that I can find with this bike is that there's no Harzard/4-Ways or the means to the put one. From what I can see is the flasher unit on this bike is quite unique and turns the front single filament bulbs into a dual intensity bulb. I will have to do more research on this topic and see if I can find a solution to this dilemma.

The NC700X is a great bike, especially with the DCT. I feel that bike accelerates faster, probably due not having to pause to shift the gears. The seating position is more upright. The Corbin seat on my bike makes it easier to spend all day on this bike.

Chain maintenance is not one of my favorite things to do on a bike. I currently need to replace the chain and both sprockets on the NC after about 13k miles. I saw on this forum that they can last up to 16k. A friend of mine worked at Honda on there Tech Line for many years and recently retired. He told me that 13k was good considering that Honda used a "Budget" chian on these bikes, perhaps more...

I enjoy both these bikes and each has its purpose. It's like trying to compare an apple to an orange. It tough to say which makes the better juice and everyone has their preference to which they like.

Last edited:
I, too, am strongly considering the NT700V.
I test rode one back in maybe 2012.
I was intrigued by the back storage area.
But I was not totally sold on the style.
At that point I was a "total cruiser" guy.

Since then I have purchased both the Triumph Tiger 800XRx and a 2013 Honda NC700X.
Now that I have rode the NC for 4 years and the Tiger for almost 2 years I have found the fun of an Adventure bike, a lighter bike, a more maneuverable bike, a less powerful bike.
One does not need an excess of power to have fun or to be functional.
I now prefer handling over power, torque over horsepower.
And I now really, really enjoy the styling of the NT700V.
Though cruisers are a good looking machine I now appreciate other bikes more.

I wanted a Sport Touring machine.
A Sport Touring machine with a little weather protection but not a lot.
With a small fairing and hard bags for storage.
With a rear trunk and an adjustable windshield.
I was hoping to find something in the 1 liter range.
But everything I have found has had too large of a fairing and makes you feel you are driving a small car and not out on a motorcycle.
I want to look down and see the road going by, not some huge cockpit area.
And I want something that both my wife and I will be comfortable on.

The NT700V checks off all the boxes.
Yes, I would have liked a little bigger engine, an electric windshield, and possibly removable rear bags.
But, foregoing those small things, the NT is near perfect.
It has been pretty tough finding perfect in my world so I will take this near-perfect bike.
That is what I have learned from owning and riding an NC700X!
I love the X and feel the T could be the Touring machine for my wife and me.

There is a used 2010 for sale at a dealer not too far from here.
I will make it down in a week or so and take a test ride to confirm my recollection of the ride and handling.
And we will see from there.
Winter is around the corner.
Someone may be dealing!!!

And thanks to everyone here for expressing your thoughts and experiences.

God bless and ride safe!!

Michael

Last edited:
Back