• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

California Wine Country (with pix)

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Today at lunch, I took a short ride to wine country.

Here's the vineyards ...
ncwine01.jpg

and here's the other reason to go out there... the roads are amazing!
ncwine02.jpg

see you on the road!

Ready.... Get set.....

There's nothing like the first time you come over that rise and see the ups and downs ahead...

Here's a link to the map of where this is... should anyone need such a thing...

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

This wine country is 50 miles North of San Diego on I-15.

Odd numbered Interstates run north to south,
Even numbered Interstates run east to west.... for the most part.

Last edited:
I know what you mean I live in southern Oregon Wine country.

It is beautiful and GREEN, with a winery just about every 5-10 miles from each other.

I know what you mean I live in southern Oregon Wine country.

It is beautiful and GREEN, with a winery just about every 5-10 miles from each other.

To be fair, Napa and Sonoma are California wine country... They have a long history of producing some of the finest wines in the world.... but they're not the ONLY place that does that.

Naaah... rather "Most Swiss are sitting in their banks eating chocolates and looking at their watches... oh, in their papal uniforms!" :p ;) :cool:

I lived in Hemet from 1986 until 1999 when we moved o Missouri. I used to ride those roads all the time on all different types of bikes from 160 mph crotch rockets to HD dressers and BMW's and Goldwings but my favorite rides were on my dualsports like my last KTM 640EXC, where I rode to and from that area on jeep trails and single tracks! I also miss the ocean very badly!

Sam:)

Back