• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

manual ABS?

Mash3d

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I was reading in another forum about a Manual shift ABS version of the NC700 that was being sold in Canada and else where but not in the States.
Can some one tell me if such a critter actually exists?
Or does ABS only come with the DCT version?
Thanks,

All versions sold in Europe come with ABS as standard if I got the story straight, whether manual or DCT. In the US it seems that Honda USA decided to bundle ABS with DCT only.

Mine is manual, ABS, in red.....ordered from the factory that way and delivered to me a week later.

I wonder if it would be possible to buy the abs parts and install them on the manual/nonAbs version. I suppose it's just a matter of costs and what you would be taking off and throwing away.

All versions sold in Europe come with ABS as standard if I got the story straight, whether manual or DCT. In the US it seems that Honda USA decided to bundle ABS with DCT only.

I guess your right. Every version in Denmark has ABS

I'm sure there is some logical reason why they are not selling manual/Abs versions in the States like some obscure law passed by Congress to protect Harley Davidson.
I'd really like to know the reason why though.

I wonder if it would be possible to buy the abs parts and install them on the manual/nonAbs version. I suppose it's just a matter of costs and what you would be taking off and throwing away.

I believe there are other threads discussing this, but all I remember about them is that I lost interest in following them as the effort and expense climbed.

There are other threads that discuss the US not having manual ABS and the cost to retrofit. Myself I wouldn't mind having it, if I had the ability to turn it off.

There's some really strange decisions made by importers which I'll never understand.
I don't understand why in a massive market like the USA, when the NC arrived there was a choice of just 2 NC700x and only in one colour.. Yet in the UK there 3 completely different NC models in several different colours. This is in spite of the UK market being very small in comparison.

Though saying that, I still can't have my red NC700s in the UK as Honda UK won't import it.......:(

Last edited:
There's some really strange decisions made by importers which I'll never understand.
I don't understand why in a massive market like the USA, when the NC arrived there was a choice of just 2 NC700x and only in one colour.. Yet in the UK there 3 completely different NC models in several different colours. This is in spite of the UK market being very small in comparison.

Though saying that, I still can't have my red NC700s in the UK as Honda UK won't import it.......:(

Here in Japan, we in the home market had our choice of four colors, we could order ABS without DCT, and there was an option of a lowered model straight from the factory at no extra charge.

I don't understand why in a massive market like the USA, when the NC arrived there was a choice of just 2 NC700x and only in one colour.

I think it's a logistics and spare parts nightmare if you multiply 3 variants by 4 colours in a big geographical market. It might be different if Amazon were to handle your bike purchase though :p

Back