• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

hozabah

Reaction score
Visit site
Found a new offering for an alternative to the stock seat..... and both pieces for (currently) the price of a front Corbin seat!!

here's a link to the company website and specifics:

Seats - Shad - Freedom to move

looks very promising so I contacted SHAD USA about availablity and price.... good thing it was a slow day at work :rolleyes:

I ordered the seat and will report shortly on fittment and comfort and pictures of course... so far the customer service and correspondence has been excellent!!

for those who are interested... here's a link to the order page:

Seat for Honda NC700 X/S (2012)

The home page shows two versions... red graphics/ red seams and grey grahpics/grey seams

Judging by the part number on the order page, the grey/grey is what is presently available... but the red/red might go well with the US 2013.

They told me they expect a full shipment in about 15 days (see "first come first served" on the order page)

more to follow......................................................

Last edited:
Very Cool!

Found a new offering for an alternative to the stock seat..... and both pieces for the price of a front Corbin seat!!

here's a link to the company website and specifics:

Seats - Shad - Freedom to move

looks very promising so I contacted SHAD USA about availablity and price.... good thing it was a slow day at work :rolleyes:

I ordered the seat and will report shortly on fittment and comfort and pictures of course... so far the customer service and correspondence has been excellent!!

for those who are interested... here's a link to the order page:

Seat for Honda NC700 X/S (2012)

The home page shows two versions... red graphics/ red seams and grey grahpics/grey seams

Judging by the part number on the order page, the grey/grey is what is presently available... but the red/red might go well with the US 2013.

They told me they expect a full shipment in about 15 days (see "first come first served" on the order page)

more to follow......................................................
Hozabah,
Great find! Make sure to keep us in the loop when your Shad Seat arrives. Lots of photos also.:D
Great price, I just hope it fixes the forward slide problem of the oem seat.
PCG

I have a Shad seat on my MP3. I ordered from supplier in Europe as at the time Shad USA didn't have it. It was a great purchase and I have about 30,000 comfortable miles on it. Could be a great improvement for NC700. Can't wait to hear your review.

What impressed me and piqued my curiosity was the construction of the seat which is shown elsewhere on the site for a similar seat, the Honda CBF600

this PDF illustrates the "engineering" put into the design... it's not just higher density foam slapped onto a base

http://www.shad.es/descargas/shad2543.pdf (scroll down for the English version)

Interesting. The NC700X silk screen on the rear seat looks cheesy though.

I seriously doubt the graphics are silk screened.. most probably embroidered....

I'll wait until I receive the seat to pass judgement on the "flash"

My eyes and azz had a conversation and agreed that as long as I keep my head out of my azz, it shouldn't be a problem!

like I tell my bro... the wee strom isn't ugly when you're riding it. ;)

I seriously doubt the graphics are silk screened.. most probably embroidered....

I'll wait until I receive the seat to pass judgement on the "flash"

My eyes and azz had a conversation and agreed that as long as I keep my head out of my azz, it shouldn't be a problem!

like I tell my bro... the wee strom isn't ugly when you're riding it. ;)

I don't care if it is embroidered. It still looks cheesy, but I wouldn't let that stop me from buying it. At least you won't be able to see it while you are sitting on it. The rest of the seat looks good though.

Last edited:
I could care less either way about the logo, but I would love to have a comfortable seat for that price. Plus it would do away with my "Stripe of Shame" problem. Looking forward to the review! Sitting on a BeadRider for now and it's better than nothing.

Nice looking seat at a nice price! Too bad about that big logo. I'd like to see some pictures of the underside of the passenger seat to see if the hinge mechanics are as well thought out as the stock seat. I was disappointed with the shortcuts Corbin took with their passenger seat hardware.

If it's comfortable?

Yes. That logo on the seat made me NOT want to buy it... maybe the folks who make it will figure that out.
If the seat is comfortable I'm not really concerned about the Logo, I would still buy it even if it had Obama's face on it! :(
I very much doubt if a logo or name on a quality item that is comfortable would hurt sales!:rolleyes: Unless you are into fashion?

Yes. That logo on the seat made me NOT want to buy it... maybe the folks who make it will figure that out. said the guy who zip tied on a home grown windshield .......... :rolleyes:
would have thought you were more of the function over form sort of guy.......
just saying; to each his own, eh?

anyway... SHAD USA contacted me to update my order status and said that they were offering a special discount to those who would be willing to post pictures and testimony on their site about the seat... might be worth contacting them to get an even bettter deal ;)

Also count me in as one that thinks the logo looks cheesy. I already know the name of the bike. Honda put it on the side cover. It's not like I need a reminder. The first thing I would ask is if it was available without it. Same goes for the Corbin seat with their advertising on the side.

Greg

I'm willing to give it a try. In the past they've put a lot of effort into the models that they've sold (like the MP3 that Fuzzy mentioned... just not the 500/Fuoco version that I had). Shad makes some really solid products. Hopefully they offer a few different aesthetic options. The price is pretty reasonable compared to a custom job which is good if you're on the East Coast. For some reason the West Coast has a monopoly on saddle upholsterers. I guess that has a lot to do with the weather.

anyway... SHAD USA contacted me to update my order status and said that they were offering a special discount to those who would be willing to post pictures and testimony on their site about the seat... might be worth contacting them to get an even bettter deal ;)

Thanks for letting us know the integrity of their reviews is tainted.

Last edited:
Back