• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork brace ??

They are still waiting for people to lend them a bike for measurements.

Actually, NC already has a built-in fork brace under the fender.

They are still waiting for people to lend them a bike for measurements.

Actually, NC already has a built-in fork brace under the fender.

Your correct there is a brace under there but it looks more like a fender brace and I don't think it does to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my Honda GL1500 there is a steel fork brace under the fender that cannot be seen, but a guy on Ebay makes braces for the GL1500 that adds to it,

I took my bike in for them to do measurement more than 2 years ago... I rode more than 40 miles for this. I called them many times to get my free brace, they always tell me it's not in production yet.

Dislike manufacturing that don't honor what they promise!!!

Google shows this one:

Balance Shock Front Fork Brace for Honda NC700X NC700S | eBay

Made in China. Personally I would pass.

I have an Agras fork brace on my CB1100 which I really like. Very high quality with exacting tolerances.

IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

Superbrace is a sponsor over at the CB1100 forum. Their product looks very strong. Maybe if enough NC700 owners contacted them, they'd get off their butts.

I just ordered one.
All the offroad I did and will do with my NC showed me a few things.
1... I need WAY better suspension.
I have the Aprilla shock and the Eibach spring is on it's way.I will be getting heavier front springs .
2...A fork brace would be good ,I could feel the front end deflect side to side hitting big rocks at speed and I think the brace should help .

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived today,not bad 10 days from purchase !!.

455bc409511ee0647a2b78e4ac1b304c.jpg

3c2589b0cf03749cb863c0c1efb53fb3.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't look bad. How are the tolerances? Do you have to keep it at a near exact 90 degree angle relative to the forks to lower the middle piece in place?

I use my NC on a huge variation of roads from the roughest to the smoothest and in between. In all of that, the bike has been extremely stable. Imho there is no need for a fork brace on this bike. If however the bike is constantly being ridden at the upper end of its speed capability on a race track or the like, then possibly a brace could help, but even then when I tried out my bike for top speed after running in, I still did not get a hint of any instability.

Fork diameters are engineered into a bike to give it the required rigidity/torsional strength. Having all the mounting hardware correctly torqued is what is important, not adding an aftermarket brace.

The aftermarket should not be trying to reengineer a bike. These machined braces look nice but are so much bling, adding sprung weight and really improving nothing, IMO.

When using my NC ( or any of my other HEAVY adv bikes with small dia forks ) off-road I can feel flex in the forks.When I was road racing in the 80's,pushing bikes with small dia forks to there limits I could feel flex.In both of these instances a fork Brace has helped !!.

Last edited:
Back