• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali DM1's installed.

JDE

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
I installed these lights awhile back. Finally getting around to making a thread about it. I was "spending too much time in the garage" at the time if you know what I mean to post during the install.

I used learning from this thread for power distribution:
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1249

I know mine kind of looks like a rats nest. It was a quicker job than I would have liked. Mounted them to the front fender. Was planning on going the same route as the twisted throttle bike, but the fender mount kit didn't come with long enough bolts to use the spacers in the upper position by the fork tubes like I wanted. No time to stop and go to the hardware store so I mounted them a little lower and didn't use a spacer. Had to remove the side reflectors to make it work.

Mounted the on/off switch up by the frunk key hole.

All in all I like the lights and the extra light they provide. For being small the throw a lot of light down the road. Before I had them adjusted right I even got flashed by a few cagers who felt they were getting blinded. I also like how they make me more visible to other drivers. I work shift work and do quite a bit of after hours riding. So for me it was a good investment in my opinion, more light from good rugged, reliable LEDs without having to also purchase a light bar. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365984904627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365984904627.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 714
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365985149164.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365985149164.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 786
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365985157896.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365985157896.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 717
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365985218304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365985218304.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 598
I have been thinking about where to mount my lights as well, wasnt sure about that spot. Liked the brackets and thought I would do the same thing with the reflectors, but knoticed they get alot of splash from the front tire and am leaning towards mounting on my Honda lower wind deflectors, no holes in my actual fairing that way and might keep them cleaner. Could you let me know if you find they get really dirty fast down there?

I have been thinking about where to mount my lights as well, wasnt sure about that spot. Liked the brackets and thought I would do the same thing with the reflectors, but knoticed they get alot of splash from the front tire and am leaning towards mounting on my Honda lower wind deflectors, no holes in my actual fairing that way and might keep them cleaner. Could you let me know if you find they get really dirty fast down there?

The only "dirt" that they seem to pick up pretty fast is bugs. They'll get bugs on them no matter where they get mounted on the front.

On the wind deflectors? Aren't this things just stuck to the bike with tape? The lights bouncing around will need a solid bracket if you want to keep them.

JDE, those look nice. I mounted lights where the reflectors were on my ST too. I liked having them down low.
Mike

Was that fender mount kit actually needed or am I better off going to the hardware store and saving myself the 45 bucks they charge ?

Might want to try calling them and see which ones they used on their project bike. Or you could save a few bucks and go to the hardware store like you said. I just took a close guess on which one to get and it didn't work for me. That's why I mounted them lower.

What did you actually purchase? Just the kit? Or did you get the canbus? Just to be sure, you did not purchase any extra bracket?

I am planning to start on mine tomorrow morning. Don't know if I will finish, but at least I will start it.
Thanks for the write up, It will come in handy.
I have the HONDA light bar and purchased a mount to attach to this bar from twistedthrottle.com
Then I do believe that there is a connection I can make in the accessories harness (I already have the 12 volt socket plugged into one leg).
Then while putting it back together, will put on the sw-motech crash bars.

Still deciding on the Lunasee wheel system.

Ken

Back