• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Centerstand trick..

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure most of you know this trick but for those who don't here it is.
I'm always working by myself so I need to figure out how to do a 2 man job by myself.
When installing a centerstand by yourself,getting the springs on can be a real PITA.So all you have to do is tie something REALLY strong around the spring and around one of the spokes of the rear wheel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365886965.879336.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365886986.683919.jpg

Then just roll the bike forward untill the spring is stretched enough to reach the hook on the centerstand.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365887102.414488.jpg

When it's lined up just push it on and roll the bike backwards and cut/untie whatever you used and your done.
Took me less than 20 minutes to install it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365887263.688280.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365887276.812029.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have seen how I bled my front brakes years ago by myself!!!.I took the squirter and tube out of a windex bottle and safty wired the end of the tube to the bleed screw and opened the screw and started squeezing the trigger and pulled all the air and fluid right down the line !!.I now have a speed bleeder pump BUT I still keep the old windex parts around use them sometimes...

Great idea, thanks!

The more I look around the forum the more I learn about these tricks! I should be able to install mine!!

Thanks,

Tony

The honda stand literly took me 20 minutes to install,and most of that was getting my tools.
There is only 1 little like 6mm bolt,ALL the brackets are already on the bike from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I added a center stand to my Moto Guzzi, I found that if I worked pennies or nickels into the spring at every or every other spiral, it lengthened the spring sufficiently to hook it up. Afterwards when working the stand they dropped out quite nicely. Sorry I don't have a pic of the operation.

Ok now, I have my stand on. Thanks to threads like this! Next question. Is there a trick to getting the bike on the stand or am I seriously just that weak...lol I definitely noticed if I am on even a slight rearward incline, I can't get it on the stand. I'm sure I could really yank it, but I'm afraid of tipping the bike over.

You need to use your weight and the bike's momentum. I've got the Honda side panniers on and the mount has a horizontal bar that gives a good grab handle to pull the bike backwards and upwards. It's more about technique than strength. Start practicing on flat ground - put your right foot on the stand lever so you can stand on it with your full weight - and as you stand on the lever you need to gently lift and pull the bike backwards - mostly it's about rocking the bike backwards as the ^rearward momentum lifts the bike onto the stand. You'll get the knack eventually.

Back