• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

95/5 Tire choice for NC

As I understand it, Pirelli designed them to ship mounted on the Ducati Monsters. They are a two compound tire designed to grip at low lean angles in the corners. I was really thinking about them as my next set but that is 5000 or 6000 miles down the road, literally down the road that is...

A 95/5 tire is prolly more appropriate for the balance of riding I'll do when I get my NC700X next month.
Which really begs the question. Would I be better off on sumpin' like a Michelin PR3 if I'm going
to spend so little time wandering down mild gravel or dirt roads every once in a blue moon?
Maybe it's time for me to give up the fantasy of being Ewan or Charlie, even on a small scale.
Youth is wasted on the young, dammick.

A 95/5 tire is prolly more appropriate for the balance of riding I'll do when I get my NC700X next month.
Which really begs the question. Would I be better off on sumpin' like a Michelin PR3 if I'm going
to spend so little time wandering down mild gravel or dirt roads every once in a blue moon?
Maybe it's time for me to give up the fantasy of being Ewan or Charlie, even on a small scale.
Youth is wasted on the young, dammick.

I think the PR3's will be my next tire since I commute so much. I've probably ridden less than two hundred miles of gravel/dirt roads with a total of 7,200 miles.

I'm waiting for a set of wheels on ebay to come for cheap, then I'll put a set of off road tires on them.

As a year round commuter (unless snow and ice on roads) this looks like a good option to help on those winter days and for good aqua planning on those rainy days.
Any thoughts?

Hey guys. I'm looking at the Dunlop Trail Smart for my upcoming 90/10 adventures. Anybody got any feedback on this tire?

Last edited:
Thanks for the site tip. I have not seen that one before *saved for next time*

Hey PotterOo. Off topic i realize, but I see that you're over in Surrey BC. I have been wanting to ride the US20 west to the most North-Western point in the states. Then up to your area there in Vancouver/Surrey for the day. Then i'd like to go over to Victoria for a day, and then back to the states and back to my home. I'm hoping to make the ride the end of August or maybe the first week of September. Anything you recommend to see up in your neck of the woods?
:{)

Last edited:
Thanks for the site tip. I have not seen that one before *saved for next time*

Check the freight charges out. Not sure if they offer free freight at a certain dollar amount but from my test freight is $52. Last time I bought my rear PR4 I used American Moto Tire got Rocky Mountain ATV to price match it and used my cash back balance to reduce it a bit more. Happy hunting :)

Back