• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hello all in 2013.

There had been some confusing comments about how many people misused the other thread (made sticky although people voted no) and I thought this new 2013 thread could be a more appropriate title "What did you do WITH your NC700 X/S/Integra today".

This thread is not about modifications but what you have done WITH your bike. A day ride, a special clean up, etc.
Photos are welcome!

Hopefully this thread is more meaningful than the last one which sort of ran away with a life of its own. It has become meaningless to search and read that one (IMHO).

This thread is also a new one for new year 2013. So tell us your adventures!
:D

Last week, I went out with the bike 2 times. On both days, it was under 5deg C. Pictures were also posted here .
Brrr....
:rolleyes:

PS: While I understand many have other bikes or hobbies, please try to post only NC700 related stuff here. Thanks. Lead by example. :rolleyes:

20130301_142705_zpse279d4f5.jpg

Last edited:
Took a 700 mile ride to the Texas Hill Country this weekend. The weather was perfect, except for being windy, and the roads were awesome!
comforttx01_zps861a82e3.jpg

Took a 700 mile ride to the Texas Hill Country this weekend. The weather was perfect, except for being windy, and the roads were awesome!

How'd you like your windscreen set up? Puig, correct? It was certainly windy enough this weekend!

trey

How'd you like your windscreen set up? Puig, correct? It was certainly windy enough this weekend!

trey

Good memory Trey! The Puig worked pretty good. My central torso and head were protected, but I got blasted all weekend in the shoulder area. I'm not sure if it was due to the high wind conditions or not. Time will tell! Overall I'm satisfied with the Puig even if the shoulders end up not protected. I like the looks of the Puig and wouldn't want a screen any larger than it on this bike.

Today I ordered another part for the bike because the bike sitting in my garage isn't complete without another part on it that will also sit in the garage with the bike while I spend the next three lifetimes building my house at my current rate of completion....
When you decide to build a house with your own hands, a friend would be there helping you, but a TRUE friend would lock your dumb @ss in a basement until you realized what a stupid idea that was and got over it!!! :) House.jpg

Today, after the ride, I gave my NCX a good hosedown at the local washing bay.
Now, she looks brand new, oh wait a minute, she IS brand new actually.

Ready to rumble, come spring or summer!
:p

PS: The dashboard did not fog up even with the high-pressure jet.

Monday I received my Throttlemeister and couldn't wait to install it! I started reading the instructions and, to my horror, it said the inner weight needed to be removed on the throttle side. This scared me after reading others post about this being a royal PIA. But Throttlemeister included a simple little tool to help you get this weight out. Worked like a charm and the install took about 30 minutes for both sides.
Tuesday I got out for a 200 mile ride to the tall pine forrests north of Houston. The wind was pretty strong, but had a great ride. The Throttlemeister was a little tricky to set and release without getting off the throttle completely, but overall I'm satisfied. The o-ring that I previously used to lock the throttle was difficult to remove from the groove and leaving it in place all the time was dangerous (especially with the DCT).

I put 1350 miles on my NC700X in 2 days, rode straight through from Portland Oregon to the Bay Area California and back. It was not bad going down but a bit slower coming back. the seat was not horrible but could use some improving.

Went to a group of "Special" Boy Scouts so they could see and touch our motorcycles and talk to them about motorcycles and riding. They had a great time. I will post pictures when the Scout Leaders email then to me. Had a great day. This weekend I will be with CMA at the Alabama welcome Center for Daytona biker coffee break for bikers going to Daytona, have a lot of truckers stopping by. If you are going east on I10 from Mississippi stop and say hello.

He had the plastic off waiting to install more parts that didn't arrive in time. He put the plastic back on because he wanted to ride.

That work?

Replaced the factory installed horn with a 1 tone siren. It sounds only a beep ( as a police beep) much louder than the PC speaker :D
It was quite hard to install, because the controlled had to be placed somewhere and there were no place at all. I had to remove the right side fairing and push the wires somewhere hidden. I'll need some cable fasteners and black tape to fix it finally.
horn2.jpg
On this pic the controller is behind the lower plastic fairing, which is now removed. But there were no place at all to put there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back