• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for LED driving lights?

DanWill

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, was beginning to wonder if I pissed off the powers that be on the forum. Sixty plus people viewed this great money saving find and nobody said anything?? Glad you spoke up.

The light output per watt is going up and the price is coming down for LED's ..

Over in the vendors thread on ADVrider there are a handfull of different vendors selling quality lights at decent prices .... lots of options !

Hmm I am looking for spot light.. this one seems like a fog light which has wider beam?
I am seriously considering Denali D2 and wonder if there is anything equivalent. Anyone?

Thanks, was beginning to wonder if I pissed off the powers that be on the forum. Sixty plus people viewed this great money saving find and nobody said anything?? Glad you spoke up.

Nah, I wouldn't worry about that. You've got to keep in mind that MC forums are seasonal beasts. It's cold right now, so there's relative few who are constantly checking the forum. I'm still new and actively commuting, so I'm still in the initial customization stage and keep pretty regular tabs. I wanted to say something earlier in the day when I saw it during my lunch break, but I make a point of not logging in at work (less for security and more for distraction avoidance).

I just wish they had some sort of description or diagram of their mounts. Those have shot up to my list of aux lights that I plan on mounting on my Givi Bars. Again, thanks for posting!

Hmm I am looking for spot light.. this one seems like a fog light which has wider beam?
I am seriously considering Denali D2 and wonder if there is anything equivalent. Anyone?
I went with the Model 30 from ADVMonster. Model 30 LED off road Spot light

It has a bright spot beam with a much less bright halo effect around the sides. If you look at the "Detailed Description" tab on that web page, you'll see some pictures that will do a better job of explaining what I mean.

It is a spot beam, but I still need to be careful where I use it. The main beam stays tightly focused in my lane. It's great for riding on the freeway at night. In the daytime, it'll work great as a conspicuity light. But like tonight as I came back from the jail, I was in a left turn lane at a light with a car directly across from me. I should've turned them off, but forgot. If you're off to the side, the lights aren't that bad at all. But if you're directly in front, as my pastor said once, it is like looking into the sun.

If you use the discount "inmate" at checkout, you'll get 10% off. At $54 each, that's not a bad price to try something out and see if it works for you. I suspect it will and you'll not move on to anything else. I've had mine on for over two years now with no failures.

Chris

o
I went with the Model 30 from ADVMonster. Model 30 LED off road Spot light

It has a bright spot beam with a much less bright halo effect around the sides. If you look at the "Detailed Description" tab on that web page, you'll see some pictures that will do a better job of explaining what I mean.

It is a spot beam, but I still need to be careful where I use it. The main beam stays tightly focused in my lane. It's great for riding on the freeway at night. In the daytime, it'll work great as a conspicuity light. But like tonight as I came back from the jail, I was in a left turn lane at a light with a car directly across from me. I should've turned them off, but forgot. If you're off to the side, the lights aren't that bad at all. But if you're directly in front, as my pastor said once, it is like looking into the sun.

If you use the discount "inmate" at checkout, you'll get 10% off. At $54 each, that's not a bad price to try something out and see if it works for you. I suspect it will and you'll not move on to anything else. I've had mine on for over two years now with no failures.

Chris

Thanks Chris. That's great find. Great price too! Are you suggesting to point them slightly to the side?

Last edited:
I would try to aim them directly in front of you and within your lane. They'll light up the low-beam area and add a little more just past that. The halo or light spray that you'll get, isn't much but will add some light to the area surrounding the road. It's not enough to be blinding, but enough to help.

The trick is to get them aimed far enough ahead to add to the light pattern, yet not so high as to blind other drivers.

Chris

Last edited:
I've always found that if I point the left driving light at the exact same spot on the wall where the main headlight is pointing(cover each in turn to see them) then I don't blind drivers coming at me. Haven't used these new LED's before, but I imagine it will work with them also.

If the driving lights are below the main light like on our bikes, then point the beam the same distance below the main beam.

Last edited:
Great stuff!! The main reason for me to put on additional lights are to be seen by others. So in this case the primary headlights will do the work also at night, but with extra LEDs on both sides gives more chance for me and other drivers to notice me on the road in time. The "users" :) - pedestrians were the main problem for me.
As soon as i find a suitable and good priced LEDs, I'll post it. Maybe one of these mentioned above.

I'm about to order a set of advmonster model 60's and will wire them with my high beams.
Model 60 LED off road flood light

If I need more distance I will order a pair of 30's.
Model 30 LED off road Spot light
I'm a LED junky! If they work out, I'll put some on the ATV also. If they die a sudden death, then chalk another one up for a junior pioneer.

Last edited:
I'm about to order a set of advmonster model 60's and will wire them with my high beams.
Model 60 LED off road flood light

If I need more distance I will order a pair of 30's.
Model 30 LED off road Spot light
I'm a LED junky! If they work out, I'll put the on the ATV also. If they die a sudden death, then chalk another one up for a junior pioneer.

Is that like being a Junior Blue Blazer Irregular? :D

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984) - IMDb

I will be really interested in your take on the Model 60's. I hope they are as awesome as they appear!

I have read a ton of good reviews on these. Here are some pics from a S-10 rider.
Best Aux lights
Check post 98 and 100 for some pics.
I've had too many close calls on night rides. I won't be using these with oncoming traffic.
I just hope they last! If not, then I will have to spend a lot more on the next set.

Last edited:
also have a pair of the advmonster light that I moved from my versys to my nc, great lights for the money that light up the road

Make sure you wire these up with a relay and all the right stuff.I had these plus LED tail lights on my Vstrom sidecar rig and had nothing but elictrical problems and a fried RR.I'm pretty sure a relay would have helped but the only LED's I would ever use on my bike would be a kit designed for motorcycles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back