• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Price I have seen on NC700X

That's a decent price, but OTD means price with Tax already included, not tax to be added later. OTD is how much I pay to get "Out The Door", no more, no less. If the number is different, walk away.

I can't help you with a price comparison since I got the DCT, which goes for about 2k more.

no need to get all technical here. Yes, $6399 + tax and licensing is a great deal. I don't think you can get any better than that.

My credit union told me that $6399 is the dealer invoice price, which is what I paid. I've seen cheaper, Honda of Russellville, Arkansas had them on ebay for $6199. Then there's the matter of going some distance to get it, riding it back, paying the taxes and license fees in person, inspection........

Seems like a pretty good price to me, if they're not adding 'fees' on top of it. I bought mine for what I think was an excellent price, but it had essentially every option Honda offers included, so I can't compare.

Nah, I haven't seen any used ones yet either. But I got the same new price or close to it at Abernathy's Cycles in TN. The salesman said while they haven't been a huge seller, more of a niche product, that he sure liked the bike. He's sold several of them and most people that rode/bought it liked it.
Tony

I paid $6399 (manual) at Russelville Honda Arkansas back in Sept and road out the door. I paid the TTL a couple weeks later at the DMV.
They waived the normal dealer fees but by law in Arkansas those fees were on the sales receipt and were used in calculating the tax. If I lived a couple miles away in the county instead of in a city my taxes would have been lower as, in Arkansas, your local city vehicle tax applies no matter where you bought the vehicle.
Doesn’t make sense to me to put TTL in the OTD when comparing prices across a wide geographical area since TTL varies so much.

$6399 OTD plus sales tax ($300 cap in South carolina) and title fees.

How is that compared to what people are paying.

Honda : Other in Honda | eBay Motorcycles

This one is 100 Miles away $6599 OTD...
Honda : Other in Honda | eBay Motorcycles

It's silly how the listings are for NC700X manual tranny models but the listing photo is clearly a DCT/ABS unit.

One Dallas, Texas dealer last year actually pictured and described an NC700S with ABS for $6399 on eBay, but when I called them they said that was an error and it was actually an X. Yet the listing continued uncorrected for at least a week. I'll bet it got some people excited and then disappointed. I was tempted to bid on it just to stir up trouble.

Always call or visit the dealer to confirm the eBay deal is for real.

Greg

I paid $7999 OTD at Russelville, but my bike had lots of goodies:
OEM:
Bags
Rear Carrier
Tall windshield
upper and lower wind deflectors
Light bar
Center stand
Stainless panels on bags and front fairing

Think that was all, will see tomorrow when I drive to pick it up!!

That's a decent price, but OTD means price with Tax already included, not tax to be added later. OTD is how much I pay to get "Out The Door", no more, no less. If the number is different, walk away.

I can't help you with a price comparison since I got the DCT, which goes for about 2k more.

Well its a little different when buying out of state. The OTD prices do not include local taxes and title fees. Those are paid when I get the bike home. Then I already know whatever it is it won't be over $300. If someone in Oklahome bought an NCX for $4399 OTD minues tax I would know my price would be that plus $300 and change. Someone in california would have to pay ....what is it now 25% sales tax LOL?

When people quote OTD prices, Tax and title should NOT be included since we all have our own local sales tax and title fees and can do the math.

Best price I've seen on a DCT model is $8,300 at Weathers Honda in LaGrange, Ga and it had bags on it.
If they still have it in a couple of months I might offer them $7,500 for it and see what happens.

Well its a little different when buying out of state. The OTD prices do not include local taxes and title fees. Those are paid when I get the bike home. Then I already know whatever it is it won't be over $300. If someone in Oklahome bought an NCX for $4399 OTD minues tax I would know my price would be that plus $300 and change. Someone in california would have to pay ....what is it now 25% sales tax LOL?

When people quote OTD prices, Tax and title should NOT be included since we all have our own local sales tax and title fees and can do the math.

I can see that. I guess it all comes down to how we pass along the information to others. I've always considered (and specifically asked dealers) the OTD price to be the max that I'll pay to get a 100% (title, tax, inspection, tags included) road legal bike that I can ride home. That might be my part of the country that's got me spoiled. I didn't put together from your initial quote that you were specifically talking about out of state bikes. I read it as a dealer close to you trying to scam you. It wouldn't be the first time we've heard the bait and switch story.

It's like trying to compare insurance rates (VASTLY different for so many different reasons); if you try to compare your "deal" with someone else's, you'll make yourself insane.

Good luck getting the deal you're after! Just remember: at some point it might be best to take a "good deal" and enjoy it rather that waiting for the "best deal" and never having it. That's a concept I struggle with myself. ;)

I agree. Out The Door means out the door for the overwhelming majority of the people buying there. It doesn't mean out the door except for a few to several hundred extra dollars, depending upon where you live. I understand why a person from another state would be interested in the less-tax price, but I'm sure those (relative) few planning to buy out-of-state can see how it wouldn't make sense for very many people at all to call something that doesn't get them out the door, out the door. That'd be like pretending you're a car dealer and claiming that xx is your price, and only later 'springing' several hundred dollars of 'documentation' and other garbage fees on them.

Best price I've seen on a DCT model is $8,300 at Weathers Honda in LaGrange, Ga and it had bags on it.
If they still have it in a couple of months I might offer them $7,500 for it and see what happens.

Unfortunately web page is wrong. Look closer at left side picture. It has clutch and gear shift. I contacted them and verified it is manual version. Otherwise I was tempted to drive over there for that price.

Brookhaven, MS has DCT without bags for about the same price.

Last edited:
I want to trade in my 2012 CBR250RA, red, in mint condition with only 1k on it, with a 2012 NC700SA. Dealer is asking extra 5500 taxes included. Not sure if it is an okay deal...Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Was also considering buying from US, but apparently the SA version is not available there.

Back