• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Weird lurch, hit a car

jennyoung195

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone with a DCT ever had a problem with sudden acceleration from a slow roll? It happened to me twice today, once when i was making a u turn and sent me into a car (ouch) and another as i was turning onto a street. Both were left turns.
Ive been riding for 10 plus years. Previous bike was bmw gsa and I've got nearly a thousand miles on this bike since i got it in august. it also seemed to be running roughly after the first occurrence. Im wondering if when i had the shop try to put a riser on the bar if something got pinched or kinked. They had told me they ultimately couldn't do it because the cables were too short

Has anyone with a DCT ever had a problem with sudden acceleration from a slow roll? It happened to me twice today, once when i was making a u turn and sent me into a car (ouch) and another as i was turning onto a street. Both were left turns.
Ive been riding for 10 plus years. Previous bike was bmw gsa and I've got nearly a thousand miles on this bike since i got it in august. it also seemed to be running roughly after the first occurrence. Im wondering if when i had the shop try to put a riser on the bar if something got pinched or kinked. They had told me they ultimately couldn't do it because the cables were too short
If it's been to the mechanic and then you have problems.... look no further. Sounds like they've trapped the cable somewhere. Take it back to them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a throttle cable free plays is set too tight or as mentioned riser and cable routing is wrong after the evaluation ?

In neutral at idle ........so should be able to rotate the bars full sweep in both directions with no increase in engine speed.

Just a thought ... Do you have a "Crampbuster" or similar device added to you throttle grip?

I had one on my bike for a while. My wife was riding my bike and had a similar situation and it turned out the crampbuster was inadvertently depressed in tight low speed left turn. She doesn't use one on her motorcycle so the cramp buster on my grip was a foreign thing to her. I eventually removed mine after it happened to me too. I'm not convinced that a cramp buster type device is particularly suitable for a DCT motorcycle.

Anyway if you have any of the various designs of a cramp buster throttle aid that could the culprit.

I almost had a Crampbuster mishap when I tried to remove it when I came to a stoplight back in the city after a trip on the highway. I tried to get it off the throttle so twisted it and the bike jumped forward, something I'd never experienced before, as all my previous bikes were manual and would be in neutral when I would have tried such a thing.
Good thing I had my right foot on the brake or I would have rear-ended a truck!
Another reason why DCT owners need to always keep a toe over that rear brake.

And don’t try blipping the throttle under the overpass on day one of ownership. :mad:

Just sayin....

Back