• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

removing rear plastic - behind rear seat

Junkie

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get the passenger seat hinge out (or at least accessible) so that I can replace the broken part.

I pulled out the 2 obvious bolts holding the small plastic part behind the passenger seat, and couldn't get it off.

Suggestions, or an alternative means of access?

The small plastic body part on the ‘12-‘15 NC700X, roughly 6”x6”, behind the passenger seat is the one part on the bike that I find extremely difficult to remove by itself. The part locks into the two rear side cowls with tabs and plastic hooks. I firmly believe Honda messed up on the design of these interlocking parts. Often, removing that one rear piece results in breaking some of the tabs off.

Simply put, it is supposed slide rearward and then upward to separate it from the side cowls. If you put all your might into it, it still may not release.

Another way to get it off is to remove that tail cover and the two rear side cowls together as one assembly. To do that takes a little more time but is almost guaranteed to work. However, you need to remove the passenger grab rails first in order to do it.

It's been a while since I have had mine off. If I recall correctly....put your finger nail under the middle of the tail end of the plastic lifting upward while sliding to the rear. If you look in the manual it shows the hooks you are trying to get past. Good luck :)

Like 670cc said its a pain. Getting it back on is just as much a pain. I just take the top and sides off as one unit now its much easier. I did this just yesterday to chain my tail light.

Back