• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rotating the handlebars

DCTPaul

Reaction score
Visit site
Settling in on the NC750X...
But when getting home have an ache in the wrist...
Sitting furtheraway than on the old XMax400 scoot and the SH125.
Last bike was a supermoto so wide MX bars, elbows up and nuts to the tank seat and closer to the steering head
On the NC X the 'bars seemed overly high and turned out, with the arm at nearly full streatch at full lock, and the brake lever a low reach for the 2 fingers...
5'11 with normal length arms, longish legs... So not small on the bike...
Slackened of the bar bridge and rotated the bars a little towards me, only a few degres, so the punch marks are a couple of mm below the bridge join...
It brings the bars an inch or so closer, and with the angle of the grips, a little more turned in, with the advantage of bringing the brake lever up and in line with a straighter finger from wrist... As there is very little room to rotate the brake lever clamp on the bars...
Hopefully this will bring all important comfort and remove the niggle...
Switch gear is usually pinned, but always worth having a move on the controls, sometimes a little adjust is all i needs to get more comfy...
Just make sure the bars dont hit the tank or screen.

Settling in on the NC750X...
But when getting home have an ache in the wrist...
Sitting furtheraway than on the old XMax400 scoot and the SH125.
Last bike was a supermoto so wide MX bars, elbows up and nuts to the tank seat and closer to the steering head
On the NC X the 'bars seemed overly high and turned out, with the arm at nearly full streatch at full lock, and the brake lever a low reach for the 2 fingers...
5'11 with normal length arms, longish legs... So not small on the bike...
Slackened of the bar bridge and rotated the bars a little towards me, only a few degres, so the punch marks are a couple of mm below the bridge join...
It brings the bars an inch or so closer, and with the angle of the grips, a little more turned in, with the advantage of bringing the brake lever up and in line with a straighter finger from wrist... As there is very little room to rotate the brake lever clamp on the bars...
Hopefully this will bring all important comfort and remove the niggle...
Switch gear is usually pinned, but always worth having a move on the controls, sometimes a little adjust is all i needs to get more comfy...
Just make sure the bars dont hit the tank or screen.

I'm the same height and I did exactly the same thing about a year ago. It was actually a big help. what helped me even more was when I installed Throttle assist.

Moving the bars back helped my shoulder not hurt at night but the throttle assist allows me to get home without my fingers getting numb.

Yup. I did the same also. Helped me too. I added bar risers (mostly because I'ved used them on most of my bikes) but did not find they did anything for me with my '18 750 so I removed them. Others have found the bar risers on this bike helped them a lot.

I've only had the bike for a couple months and have taken no long trips...5 hours out and 5 hours back one day being the longest so far, so I might not have it all figured out (for me) just yet. Hope your bar repositioning change works for you as well as it has for me.

Back