• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just got a 2014 NC700 with 19 miles on it and a coolant leak

NonoSF

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I'm Joe, a Michigan guy living and working in the San Francisco bay area.
I've mostly ridding BMW and Triumph bikes for years, but recently I decided to get an NC700 for my commute and today I finally bought one.
I happened to find a 2014 that a guy bought just before he got sick and died, so it's got 19 miles on the odometer. It looks brand new.

Unfortunately I immediately found some residue from a coolant leak around the bottom bolt on the water pump, so I'll need to investigate that and likely replace the water pump. If that's the worst thing I find, it's still a spectacular deal.
I'll be changing all the fluids this week, and shopping for accessories. I'm not glad the original owner died, but I'm glad I got his bike.
Glad I found this forum, please hit me up if you have any thoughts on my coolant leak.

Just ride the bike and monitor it. The coolant leak may fix itself. I’ve seen pump seals on cars, trucks, and motorcycles leak during a storage period, then stop leaking and never give any more problems for many, many years to come.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I get to SF area periodically as my daughter is currently a lawyer for Cisco. I've never ridden out there but it sure seems like SF would be a great city for riding.

Ditto on what 670cc wrote about the leak may actually seal itself. If not then repair and ride!

You will love the FRUNK for bringing home groceries.

Get yourself a good pair locking side cases/panniers, a top box and with the FRUNK and you can pretty much stuff a week's worth of groceries, plus dog treats and a few surprises in that much storage space. You'll have plenty of room to load up a friend, with camping supplies, and head to Half Moon Bay, down to the coastline to Santa Cruz, and then back up through San Jose after feasting in JapanTown too.

Welcome Nono, glad to have you here and congrats on a great bike and great deal on it! a hearty welcome from north IDAHO! :{)

+1 on 670's comment.

I have two bikes and one of them, the NT700V, can leave a drop of coolant on the ground when it isn't ridden for several months but it's fine when it's being ridden more regularly.

Back