• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.

93percent

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi people. New member here and was hoping one of you nice chap's,or chappettes,could answer a little question. I need to change my oil in my NC 700X 2012 Model. I bought some oil today and not sure if its the right stuff. Its CASTROL POWER 1 10W 40. Can I use this as Ive been told I may need 10W 50.
Any help would be greatl.
Thanks in advance.
Happy riding.cas_966119.jpg

ALSO....Ive just seen the price from DEMON TWEEKS. 28 quid. I just paid 41 for this from Halfords. THATS going back tomorrow. lol

Has a MC emblem on the front so I would assume so... just be sure it has no friction modifiers in it that would make your clutch slip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You do not need or want 10w-50. 10w-30 or 10w-40 is acceptable for the NC700X. Read the oil bottle label and make sure it has the JASO MA rating that your owners manual specifies. That ensures the oil is suitable for wet clutches.

Last edited:
Heh, i recently scored a case of three gallons of Rotella T6 for $61.69!! I'd been watching it bounce from $73-$88.00 waiting for it to drop cheap enough to snag it!! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back