• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Factory heated grips question

pfettig77

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. Just bought an NC yesterday. It seems like a really great bike and I got a killer deal ($3k and it's well farkled).
It has the factory heated grips and I was wondering if the grip part can be replaced while keeping it heated. I don't really like the foam grips.
I'll have many more questions and comments in the near future I'm sure.

The factory heated grips I know of are fairly small diameter and hard. I’m not aware of any foam factory heated grips. Did someone perhaps put a foam cover over the factory grips? Posting a picture of yours might help.

I have the OEM heated grips, definitely no foam, yours could have grip puppies over them or they could be aftermarket, as 670 said post pictures it'll help others help you [emoji16]

Congratulations on the new to you NC[emoji1360]

It appears that foam grip puppies were installed over the factory grips. You should easily be able to roll these foam tubes off the grips. You’d need to remove the hand guard from the bar end to slide them off. If not, I guess you could cut them off if you no longer want them.

That foam is an insulator and prevents the heat from getting to you. Take it off for better heat transfer to your hands. I would remove them properly and then you have the choice of putting them back on or offering them up to someone on the forum who might want to pay the little bit of shipping for them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ok. Cool. I did peel them back to reveal the OEM grips. Not a big fan of the foam -reminds me of my old Huffy ten speed- so I'll probably take them off.

Hey pfettig, welcome to the RIDE!! That sure is a great looking RED on your bike!! post up some pictures of it and the Farkles it has when you have a chance.. :{)

Hey pfettig, welcome to the RIDE!! That sure is a great looking RED on your bike!! post up some pictures of it and the Farkles it has when you have a chance.. :{)

I plan on it. I'm not sure if the guy was a member here, but he made a really cool custom rear trunk that I'll share as a new thread.

Be sure to save the Grip puppies until you've taken a trip on the bike. At about 100 miles you'll know if you need them or not.

I haven't really felt the need to add them, as my NC700 doesn't have the vibrations that my Ninja 650R did. Or maybe Honda's stock grips are better than Kawi's?

Back