• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Winter Gloves?

Lsdpoet

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys....Any recommendations for a good set of winter gloves? I'd go for heated but short on $$$ right now. All suggestions are appreciated.:cool:

My 2 cents....

I'm in New England north of you and ride mostly year-round. I haven't found a pair of gloves yet that will keep the digits warm (especially the poor pinky finger).

A lot depends on how long you plan to ride, how fast you are riding and at what ambient temps. Big difference between a 20 minute commute @ 45 mph in 40 degF weather and a tour from Maine to Key West. In February. At 9deg F.

BTDT. Not fun. Never again!

I tried those thick, bulky winter gloves, BarkBuster hand shields, and yes for a half-hour or so at typical Interstate speeds they were ok, but ended up with electric gloves with thermostatic control. Pure heaven. If I didn't have the electric gloves, I think I would go for a windscreen of some sort to cover the left/right controls on the bike. Years ago they were called Hippohands or??

I know some riders on this forum have cobbled together a reasonable facsimile of those old hippo hands and with a pair of decent winter gloves something like that might work out for you. Good luck and keep warm!

I do have heated grips but they don't compare to heated gloves, I also live in California so my winters are more mild then most

Planning on moving to Washington in a year, possibly two

I have a pair Dianese that I'm pretty happy with. With heated grips I ride year round, right down to 0* and plenty of rain in the PNW. I had Scorpion the year before, but they had a time limit on how long they were water proof. RevIt came in a close second for my choices, but I was able to get Dianese for a little less.

My specific gloves are discontinued, but I'm sure the model that replaced them is just as good.

Dainese X-Travel Gore-Tex Gloves - Cycle Gear

I have some old tour masters that last a little while. Can't feel the heated grips through them very well. Bought some windproof and waterproof Fox gloves. They last about 30 minutes too when down in the 30s. Finally bought some California Heat gloves and jacket liner. Wished I would have sacrificed something years ago and bought them instead! I only use the gloves when going a ways in 30° F or 40° F. Otherwise not worth the hassle. Jacket goes on if going for hours and it's in the 50s. On low but keeps me comfortable and my muscles are relaxed and don't get tight between the shoulder blades.
I bought mine at a MC show and got a discount.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Those look pretty good. Cortech makes quality stuff too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The gauntlets have aged very well, I only use them 2 to 3 months a year and even then only in the morning most of the time, although I carry them in my frunk almost always still look practically new, they fit me perfectly, when my summer gloves were damaged, I was shopping for a replacement, I've tried a half dozen other brands and the sizing on the Cortech fit me perfectly, I ended up with these
746d686d437f9c2c1c0b110ab8e7a759.jpg

Last edited:
Save up and get some heated gloves. I could never find non-heated gloves that worked. Even with good liners. I bit the bullet and got some heated gloves (and a heated vest, so you dont have to run the wires in your jacket) from cycle gear in 2015 and they are still running strong. They are not waterproof, but if I need heated gloves and there is moisture out, I am not riding (I dont do snow and ice). There are other offerings, but I have a cyclegear 5 minutes from my house.

$159 Hotwired 12V Heated Gloves - Cycle Gear
$200 Hotwired 12V Heated Jacket Liner Evo - Cycle Gear

Last edited:
There are several Goretex lined heated gloves. I was going to go with the textile gloves because they don't absorb water and get heavy. Then I tried on California Heat's leather glove. It fit wonderfully and was a soft high quality leather. I bought it and went home and put Nikwax on it. I do try to avoid 40° to 50° wet weather riding but not always possible on a long haul.
Cheers,
Guy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've looked at so many "cold weather" gloves online, but most of them seem more for dealing with rain instead of cold.

At high speeds (70+) on the freeway none seem to be able to hold up.

I had the earlier model of the Cortech Scarabs and they fell apart and never really worked without using glove liners. Could it be because they were one size too big?

Last year I got a pair of Dianese Scout 2 Goretex gloves and they didn't hold up in cold weather, even at lower speeds in the canyons. Not sure if waterproofing would help.

Will probably look into heated grips next.

After trying several pairs of heated gloves (that was a costly exercise) I finally stuck with an old and comfortable favorite pair of non-heated winter gloves but bought heated glove liners. They will work in any of my numerous pairs of gloves that I bounce around with.

They work with my heated jacket liner and controller perfectly.

I too have tried several pairs of gloves trying to find a pair that worked well and stayed warm/dry. I ended up going with a pair of off-brand Hippo Hands. I use to use them all the time during hunting season/winter on my ATV and thought, why not. So i tried them out this last trip to Yellowstone Wyo and man did they work great. Granted they are not for everyone, but they worked so well i only used my old/thin Outdoor Research gloves inside of them once during the 480 mile ride home.

I rode 1600 miles this last week touring all over Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Several mornings i had ice on the bike cover and i rode in temps from the low 30's to high 60's. The cheap-o hippo hands worked flawlessly keeping my hands both warm and dry when it rained a couple of times!!

handlebar MITTS are priceless!.jpg

Motorcycle Scooter Bike Handlebar Grip Muffs Gloves Protection Mitts Hand Warmer | eBay

Back