• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

EBC HH Rear Pads for 2015 DCT

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to see if anyone can confirm the correct part number for the EBC HH pads for the REAR on a 2015 NC700x DCT (US model). I’m having a hell of time getting correct part numbers from EBC catalogs, google, dealers, etc. Thanks to DDuelin I got the correct front pads, but the rear pads I was sent seem to also be incorrect.

Thanks in advance - hoping someone has installed the correct ones and can share the part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can’t figure out how to edit the title - should be Rear Pads, not Rest Pads.

Greg, which ones did you get and they not fit?

I may have told you the wrong number back on August 26th. I thought FA174s fit but I just looked them up in the USA catalog and it says FA140s behind FA196 fronts. If you got 174s on my recommendation I'm sorry.

Dave - can you send me a link to the US catalog? When I look at the US catalog on the EBC site I’m getting different part numbers than you. Here’s what I’m looking at: 2019-US-MC-Catalog-May-2019

Rocky Mountain ATV specified the parts based on the lookup. It tracks the EBC catalog and lumps the 12-17 NC700’s together.

Both the EBC US catalog and Rocky Mtn show the incorrect front brakes for a 2015 DCT.

The rear brakes they sent, FA174, seem to be slightly too “tall,” I think the 2 tabs on the top of the pad plate are too tall, hit the retaining clip and don’t let the caliper come down fully to allow the retention pin and caliper bolt to be reinstalled. I checked the alignment of the pads to the back 100 times. The OEM pads just drop in and fit.

I assume the FA140HH is what’s needs - but I don’t see that anywhere in the catalog I’m looking at.

Your advice on the fronts was spot on. I had already ordered the pads before I saw the updates from you - so no worries.

Last edited:
Dave - can you send me a link to the US catalog? When I look at the US catalog on the EBC site I’m getting different part numbers than you. Here’s what I’m looking at: 2019-US-MC-Catalog-May-2019

Rocky Mountain ATV specified the parts based on the lookup. It tracks the EBC catalog and lumps the 12-17 NC700’s together.

Both the EBC US catalog and Rocky Mtn show the incorrect front brakes for a 2015 DCT.

The rear brakes they sent, FA174, seem to be slightly too “tall,” I think the 2 tabs on the top of the pad plate are too tall, hit the retaining clip and don’t let the caliper come down fully to allow the retention pin and caliper bolt to be reinstalled. I checked the alignment of the pads to the back 100 times. The OEM pads just drop in and fit.

I assume the FA140HH is what’s needs - but I don’t see that anywhere in the catalog I’m looking at.

Your advice on the fronts was spot on. I had already ordered the pads before I saw the updates from you - so no worries.

I did some interpolation of the catalog listing because we know Honda has not imported any Non-ABS DCT gearbox models into the USA. DCT models in 2012-2013 all were equipped with ABS & linked brakes using the long 3 piston caliper (388 pads). Non ABS bikes of all USA years so far have the same 2 piston front caliper (196s). By extension 2014 and later bikes taking 196 pads should take 140 rears. The 388s were a two year thing.

Here on pages 30-31 2019-US-MC-Catalog-May-2019

Thanks. I’m going to use your summary when I return these pads. I don’t know how any of the parts sellers are supposed to figure this out when the EBC catalog just lumps all years together.

Thanks for the help. Mercifully the OEM rear pads were totally fine (as would be expected) - I just prefer having the same pads front and rear. Fortunately the change out will be quick with the correct part.

I've been pondering the matter of EBC rear pads and I believe although I just swapped to EBC HH pads on the front, I'm just gonna stick to stockers on the rear, no need in having aggressive pads on the rear really. Most your stopping power comes from the front anyways.

I've been pondering the matter of EBC rear pads and I believe although I just swapped to EBC HH pads on the front, I'm just gonna stick to stockers on the rear, no need in having aggressive pads on the rear really. Most your stopping power comes from the front anyways.

I went in the middle with semi-sintered V pad. The moto gyhmkana was rough on the orgainic pad. I am tracking it better with the new set so time will tell...

Back