• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Good afternoon

Smudger

Reaction score
Visit site
From a surprisingly warm and sunny Dundee, Scotland where we usually know it’s summer by the warm rain.

Just purchased a Honda NC750X a few hours ago.

Looking forward to putting a few miles under my backside, and of course banter in the user forums but are there any downsides to these bikes to be aware of?

Allan

Downsides?

Some complain that these bikes are not exciting enough. I find they do things so well that they make riding easy. Despite its 'adventure styling' the NC750x is not a true off-road bike but can manage gravel roads and dirt tracks pretty easily. Appropriate tires for terrain help. If you plan anything more serious than established dirt/gravel you should upgrade the suspension a bit. But we have gravel roads in my area and I have no issues. Just did a 4000 mile trip that included gravel tracks and no issues on the trip.

The 2 most common complaints I see that are not related to 'excitement' are:
1) some of us find the seat uncomfortable and
2) some of us wish the fuel take had a larger capacity.

Probably be putting road tyres (Michelin pilot 2’s) on it as that’s going to be the main use for the bike, but might be tempted by some green laning will see how it goes

It gets rave reviews for wet and dry traction. Some other members here have them and love them.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new bike. I echo the people above. It's not the fastest bike out there but I find it very entertaining with intuitive handling.

Last edited:
Hey Allan and a hearty welcome from north IDAHO USA! I believe you will be very happy with your NC, they are such a great bike and are really good at a lot of things and incredible at MPG!! :{)

Back