• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Klim "Switchback" armored cargo motorcycle pants?

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have a pair of the KLIM "Switchback" cargo-style motorcycle pants?

Switchback Cargo Pant | KLIM Motorcycle Pant

Or some similar style of casual, but protective motorcycle pants?

I've got a pair of Bull-it/Oxford cargo motorcycle pants but the knee pads don't actually sit over my knees. They use a wear resistant protective liner for skid protection, and are fairly comfortable but there is no way I can figure out how to keep the knee pads in place and actually protecting my knees. To say I am dissatisfied with the knee protection is an understatement. At least they will prevent road rash, but not impact protection.

So I'm on the hunt for another CASUAL looking pair of motorcycle pants that can also do double-duty as casual cargo pants. Basically something I can wear when I run errands into town, head to the fencing club to do some armory work or other day-to-day activities but I don't want to look like I'm visiting from out of town while wearing a full blown pair of Rev-it full featured motorcycle pants.

Thoughts? Links to others? Recommendations?

Last edited:
I have two pairs of "Sliders", one denim and one khaki cargo pants. Kevlar lined and with adjustable knee pad holders. For running around town they work well for me and I will occasionally ride to work in them and wear them all day. They blend in without screaming "motorcycle pants", are quite heavy/warm, reasonable protection. Most of the time, however, I wear either my mesh gear over regular clothes for my daily commute in the warmer months; or my Fieldshear 3-season gear over work clothes the rest of the time. Still, for $80 a pair I'm happy with the Sliders.

I have a really difficult time finding Armour pants/jacket that fit me/my inseam. At 6'6", 36" inseam and 37" dress shirt sleeve, I have a hard time finding any gear in Tall or LONG let alone some that fit me.

I recently found some pants, the Klim "Teton" pants in Large/Tall were a perfect fit, but then i about choked on the $200 price tag..YIKES! And YES i did pony up and get them, the Pads/Pad pockets Klim uses are moveable so you can adjust them to fit your body. The Tetons are very thick/heavy weight and have "NO" vents... no, none at all so they are not fun to wear above 80f!

I also have a pair from Wicked Wear pants in XL/Tall. I like these a lot and wear them in cooler temps so i can have Under Armour on underneath. These only have 4 vents, and their both in the leg, two fore and to aft. I do like their zip out liners as well.

My Speed/Strength summer Hi-Viz Jacket is 2 years old and coming apart in a few areas so i am thinking of replacing it with a new Hi-Viz for next year, but it will have to be Mesh and or have a lot of vents! Hope that helps Bobert!

I recently saw an Ad for Bohn armour gear that looks pretty cool. They advertise that you wear their armour under your regular clothes and they have a nice line of armour for Mrs Bob. :{P

Last edited:
I have a really difficult time finding Armour pants/jacket that fit me/my inseam. At 6'6", 36" inseam and 37" dress shirt sleeve, I have a hard time finding any gear in Tall or LONG let alone some that fit me.

Have you tried any of the Olympia pants? I'm a wee fella so they are way too long for me :)

Have you tried any of the Olympia pants? I'm a wee fella so they are way too long for me :)

I have a 32" inseam and have the Olympia mess overpants...On hot days, I wear these over a pair of bicycle shorts... on cool days, I wear these over pants...on cold days, i put in the removable wind liner. The knee pads are right over my knees...I do get asked what space mission I am on sometimes and everywhere I get asked 'arent you hot in those things' my answer: not any hotter than guys wearing jeans or jeans and chaps...actually cooler since these are mesh...

Last edited:
Thank you Gents. I located a dealer that handles the Olympia gear not too far from me over on the west side of Spokane Wa. Easy 30 minute ride! :{)

I do not own a pair but checked them out in person at dealer that carries Klim gear. They are a heavier duty version of hiking/outdoor pants, something like Bear Grylls would wear while drinking his own pee out of snakeskin bladder. I think they look great and if they are like most all Klim products, quality and fit is very good. The only thing I noticed was the knee protection armor was quite pliable, so makes them very comfortable but probably won't offer the best protection against the tarmac. I would buy them if I needed another light-duty pants.

I would buy them if I needed another light-duty pants.

And that is exactly what I am looking for. I want a casual pair for use on short hops around town, running errands, etc. I have a great pair of Rev'it pants that are my go-to riding pants for any trip, and even for any long dish ride in the home area. But just to run into town to pick up some milk I'd prefer to have a more casual pair of motorcycle pants.

My Bull-it cargo style motorcycle pants have knee pads that don't come close to lining up with my knees so the protection from an impact is zero but they still offer slide and road rash protection. I'd just prefer a casual pant that offers BOTH impact and slide protection.

maybe you can try knee pads from home depot and wear them underneath. they arent all that comfortable, but theyll ride where you put them. ive been looking at tru-spec xpedition pants , many colors not to tactical looking.

Last edited:
if you're wearing knee pads I'd recommend something intended for motorcycles. I use the Dainese Knee V when I race.

if you're wearing knee pads I'd recommend something intended for motorcycles. I use the Dainese Knee V when I race.

I love my Dianese Level 2 back pad that I installed in my Klim Apex Air jacket. Far more comfortable than the D30 armor that came with the jacket.

The reason I'm looking at the Klim Switchback is because it is casual looking but already comes with pads. I have a pair of Bull-it cargo riding pants, added their knee pads since they did not come with the pads, but the knee pad pocket is non-adjustable and there is no way for me to keep the pads over my knees.

Back