• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Annoying gap

mr_et2

Reaction score
Visit site
A few days ago I noticed an annoying little gap between 2 plastic panels below my guage cluster. I thought that they might just snap together, but there's definitely no snapping going on. I can easily push them together but they spread apart when I take my fingers off of them. Any Ideal how these go together or how I can keep them together? I know it's trivial, but little things like this get to me, and it's impossible for me not to notice every time I glance down at the speedometer.

20190715_152044.jpg

Start removing plastics around that area and I'm sure you will be able to spot the problem and whether it's fixable or not. Maybe it's supposed to snap, but the snap is broke?

I believe these plastic pieces should interlock and close the gap. If squeezing them closer together to close the gap is not possible, I suspect there is a problem with the underlying fairing “stay”, or the framework under this plastic, that may not be properly sized or installed to match the plastic shroud dimensions. Put more simply, as TacomaJD said, it may require disassembly to determine what the fitment issue is. If I remember right, this area of the bike requires the removal of nearly all the forward plastic pieces to get down to the framing level. It’s not an easy area to access.

Yup.........what others said.......there’s an inner locking clip and it got distorted or bent during prior disassembly and reassemble. Usually during accessory install.

Well, I've never had that part off, and I doubt I'll get the dealer who fixed my electrical issues to do anything to it. I'll probably just put a piece of black tape on it (and the other side to match) until I feel like taking panels off.

Back